dish on demand not working with hopper after software upgrade

TheMuse

Original poster
Dec 27, 2013
St. Louis, MO
This has been going on for four weeks now. I'm on software version S419 and the problem persists. When I click on any of the many "On Demand" links, the "On Demand" screen is presented, with icons available from which to choose which videos I want to view.

However, regardless of whichever icon I select (e.g. HBO), a progress bar displays for several seconds, then the words "No Titles Found" appear instead of video choices.

I have been on the phone with Dish three times now this month, making it to their "Engineering" support department on my last call on 12-23-13. Dish has put me through every test possible, and were unable to resolve the problem. I complained that "On Demand" is a feature that I use daily, since I NEVER watch television shows which have commercials.

The attitude at every level of support so far has been, "Well, wait and see if it happens after the next software upgrade." They don't tell me when that will be, and they don't offer any compensation for my loss.

I spent a couple of hours looking through this forum, and browsing through Google results hoping to find an answer to this issue. I've been a Hopper user since April, 2013, and have already had two replacements for previous issues.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks for this forum.

Thank you for the response. I have one Hopper and one Joey.

As I said, I contacted support three times. The last call was about two hours long. I can assure you, everything was tested during the third call. My broadband is fine. Speed is fine. Connections, bridging, etc. all fine. Everything was working perfectly until the software was updated.

They ran every troubleshooting test at their disposal. The list is too long for me to include here.

Do you have any channel 1/501 movies in you guide?

They appear in the guide should I want to rent one, which I seldom ever do. However, I have none saved or in queue.

I would try the Reset Network option again and check that DHCP, Server and Internet are all showing green OKs.

Please re-read my original comment and my response to your first reply: ALL of the things you have just suggested here have been checked, re-checked and checked again. I have no problems with any of the technical details.

I appreciate your trying to help. This problem is software related.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)