Dish One of my worst financial decisions ever

Glad to hear the positive but dont lump all indy's into the same boat. While I am overly critical of them as I spent alot of time fixing the work of bad ones back in my old home state there are a few who are on here and that leans heavily in their favour for being better at what they do. If you ever get the chance to see how those of us past and present gripe about the bad work that we have fixed then you might see things in a diferent light.
I am fascinated to know how this guy took the leap necessary to get from HIS bad financial decision to the work of an install contractor. I fail to see what one has to do with the other. Perhaps he lashing out due to embarrassment.
I was willing to give this guy some benefit of the doubt due to my experience with the hassles I put up with due to inaccurate info sales partners give to customers. But since he went down the "contractors bad" road, I am not so charitable.

No doubt i'll be smarter in the future... and obviously dont accept anything a retailer or installer tells you unless it is backed in writing somewhere. Maybe a lesson to only use official installer and not an ind. contracter. The ind. contractor is done with you after the install.

I'm not sure what you were wanting in writing... the fact that HD locals will eventually be available in your area? That Dish would always be the HD leader?

And thats not true that contractors aren't held responsible... for one, the retailer gets charged back if he fails to service the install, or if you cancel. And if the retailer is using contractors... i'm sure they have some way in place to charge the installer back if he gets screwed over.

I currently do not have a contract with Dish (have not for about 5 years). I wish they had some of the HD channels that DIRECTV has now, but I do not plan on jumping ship and signing a 2 YEAR contract with DIRECTV. At least with Dish you have the option of not having a contract.

Dish will have some new channels and more LiL HD markets soon, I am not too terribly worried about it right now. Maybe if nothing happens by summer I will consider other options. For YEARS Dish had much better HD than DIRECTV. DIRECTV was selling lower quality HD Lite and had fewer channels. Now for 3 months they have finally jumpped into the lead. Dish may be able to add some of the more popular networks next month, but a lot more HD will have to wait until a couple of satellites get up in orbit. I do not blame Dish for rockets blowing up.

One has to look at the long history. Dish had HD first, Dish had LiL first, Dish had MPEG-4 first, Dish had the DVR first, Dish had the dual tuner boxes first, Dish has had many firsts. Dish also had the most local markets and the most HD for quite a while.

DarrenCP's history of 7 months had had 4 months of the most HD and less than 3 months of the second most. It will be interesting to see over the next 11 months if the decision was the correct one or not.

The Grass is always greener on the other side isn't it?

What it been, 2 years that Dish had more HD than Directv? Now that Directv has a slight advantage for the past several weeks we got people talking about Jumping ship!

So if Dish adds more HD content tomorrow, we will have Directv customers talking about switching to DISH!

Maybe the Mods could move all the WHINER posts to their own forum so we can all ignore them easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)