Dish One of my worst financial decisions ever

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Some of you are freaken amazing.. acting as you know me some how. How do you know what i'll be doing in 6 months? Like I said, I was with D for a good number of years. I dont constantly jump back and forth. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have known one of the major issues is that the retailer had promised E was getting HD locals within a few months. While E was not directly responsible, it is a major reason I am unhappy with the service.

Really, E doesn't require any commitment? It is great to know that NOW. That was never provided as an option to me. I would have paid that $50 without any issue. Again assuming you know ME or what happened.

Don't act holier than thou. By the way, you quoting that fat idiot from howard stern gives you unrivaled credibility.

Shortly after Charlie can get his birds up (Feb and then May) you will see his HD plan. I've seen it and it is great. Just keep your pants on and quit the whining everyone!

Shortly after Charlie can get his birds up (Feb and then May) you will see his HD plan. I've seen it and it is great. Just keep your pants on and quit the whining everyone!
I am fairly new to Dish and was wondering when the new birds go up will they replace what is up there now? Will my dish at home need to be adjusted to receive the new sats or will it find them automagically?

Thanks,
Tracy

"the retailer had promised E was getting HD locals within a few months. While E was not directly responsible, it is a major reason I am unhappy with the service."

Darren, then you should be unhappy with the retailer. Don't want to beat you while you're down but the only one to blame here is yourself for listening or trusting a sales person, no?

Really, E doesn't require any commitment? It is great to know that NOW. That was never provided as an option to me. I would have paid that $50 without any issue. Again assuming you know ME or what happened.

You're right, I know nothing about you other than what you've said here. I do know that I did my homework and spent a few hours of time on these forums and on the phone with E*, D*, and retailers before I made the decision to go either route.

And, I made sure I would be happy with what either provider had *today* -- as promises of any type are just that -- promises. Just as I have no idea what you'll do in 6 months, you have no idea what E* or D* will do in 6 months, regardless of what your salesperson told you.

It sounds like you'd be happier if you would have done your homework. You have no one but yourself to fault for that.

You're right, I know nothing about you other than what you've said here. I do know that I did my homework and spent a few hours of time on these forums and on the phone with E*, D*, and retailers before I made the decision to go either route.

And, I made sure I would be happy with what either provider had *today* -- as promises of any type are just that -- promises. Just as I have no idea what you'll do in 6 months, you have no idea what E* or D* will do in 6 months, regardless of what your salesperson told you.

It sounds like you'd be happier if you would have done your homework. You have no one but yourself to fault for that.

No doubt i'll be smarter in the future... and obviously dont accept anything a retailer or installer tells you unless it is backed in writing somewhere. Maybe a lesson to only use official installer and not an ind. contracter. The ind. contractor is done with you after the install.

Last edited:

You better tell Charlie it will be a little longer to get the new birds up.:)

I know what you're looking at but bookmark my post and we'll chat in late February :)

Ok. I am one of these that does not mind saying that I am wrong. I really would not mind on this one.:) Let me ask you this. Will he keep everyone in the dark until then or will he let us know his plans at some point. (CES):)

I work for a top commercial bank as a business & planning analyst. Yeah, what is a few hundred in the grand scheme of things.. Perhaps my topic was a little over dramatic. I still feel like I was misled and trapped because of it.
Mislead and trapped?..So who was it that came to your house and put a gun to your head?
The blame falls upon you . You are the consumer. All consumers owe it to themselves to do their homework and decide upon their purchase without passion or prejudice and of course, ignoring what any sales person tells them.
Sales people are paid to sell. Their job is NOT inform or advise. They don't get paid to do that. They get paid for "yes".

Some of you are freaken amazing.. acting as you know me some how. How do you know what i'll be doing in 6 months? Like I said, I was with D for a good number of years. I dont constantly jump back and forth. If you had bothered to read my posts you would have known one of the major issues is that the retailer had promised E was getting HD locals within a few months. While E was not directly responsible, it is a major reason I am unhappy with the service.

Don't act holier than thou. By the way, you quoting that fat idiot from howard stern gives you unrivaled credibility.

The option to DECLINE the 18 month agreement is just as prominent on the agreement form as is the option to accept.
Howard Stern a moron?...Hmm. who is worth over a billion dollars?.....'nuff said
Look no one is trying to beat you up here. Some of us fellow consumers as well as those of us in this business are perhaps a little fed up with stories such as yours.
Your beef, if what you say is true, is with the retailer. If you think you were deceived, sue the retailer.

No doubt i'll be smarter in the future... and obviously dont accept anything a retailer or installer tells you unless it is backed in writing somewhere. Maybe a lesson to only use official installer and not an ind. contracter. The ind. contractor is done with you after the install.
Glad to hear the positive but dont lump all indy's into the same boat. While I am overly critical of them as I spent alot of time fixing the work of bad ones back in my old home state there are a few who are on here and that leans heavily in their favour for being better at what they do. If you ever get the chance to see how those of us past and present gripe about the bad work that we have fixed then you might see things in a diferent light.

I dont want to jump on you either darren but you do have to be aware that D* does not have all of your locals in HD either. Most painfully missing in my opinion is channel 4 which is CBS. We watch a lot of CBS, so as far as we are concerned D* is not ahead in that area. E* did promise Buffalo locals last year and never came through though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)