Dish Pan Swap

dodge said:
the pan off a 1000 will not fit on a 500 and vice versa, the bolt holes dont line up...
I just did it. I put it on there with all the bolts. The bolt pattern is identical. The signal just sucked.

ralfyguy said:
What is the dimensions of the pan of a superdish?

24 X 34.5 The focal length is way different. As is the F/D and thus "twin lnb" spacing will not work.

Also the focal length of the D1000 is an inch different that the D500. That is a huge difference a these frequencies. As the focal point defines the shape of a parabola, it would seem the dishes have different designs. i.e. F/D ratios.

I'm trying to see your logic in thinking the D500 could outperform the larger D1000.
Guess it's worth a test. You will have to peak the focal point when changing pans. In theory only focal point should need retuning.

Ralfy

If you still have a Dish 500 put that back up. Put the DPP Twqin on that and use a hoseclamp to put the 129 LNB next to it (or zipties, duct tape, glue, etc :)

The metal SuperDish has a different dimension than the plastic one. One is 2 inches wider than the other one. The one that is 2 inches wider is 2 inches shorter than the other one. I think one is 34 inches wide while the other is 36 inches wide.

Attachment 1) Dish 1000 Pan with Phase III over it.
Attachment 2) Dish 300 Arm with Phase III Pan,(the holes do not match) running out of time to try today as I just got thru watering trees (12 Hours). maybe next week...

Attachments

• 05-18-06_1730.JPG
    05-18-06_1730.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 82
  • 05-18-06_1737.JPG
    05-18-06_1737.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 92

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)