Dish pause or low cost package ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Thanks in advance for any help

I currently have top200 with HD and locals.

I am looking for options to save some money on my bill.Dish is not carrying my local NBA team,my only option is NBA league pass/broadband.

So my questions basically concerns what might be the lowest package I can subscribe to and keep the HD+locals that I have now ? Can I subscribe to HD and Locals only ? Are the HD channels still tied to the package ?

...or is it possible to have locals only ? Bill is around $100 now and I really only watch a few channels but I have to have them in HD.I might just pause it for awhile ..If it's paused will I still be able to watch and use the dvr for OTA ?

Thanks

I believe the Welcome Pack is the lowest package that will keep your HD locals.The other channels in the package are sd only.

It is my understanding that in Dish pause nothing works and the clock stops on any contract commitment.

Thanks in advance for any help

I currently have top200 with HD and locals.

I am looking for options to save some money on my bill.Dish is not carrying my local NBA team,my only option is NBA league pass/broadband.

So my questions basically concerns what might be the lowest package I can subscribe to and keep the HD+locals that I have now ? Can I subscribe to HD and Locals only ? Are the HD channels still tied to the package ?

...or is it possible to have locals only ? Bill is around $100 now and I really only watch a few channels but I have to have them in HD.I might just pause it for awhile ..If it's paused will I still be able to watch and use the dvr for OTA ?

Thanks

Which channels do you really want? I (as well as many others here) may be able to help you find a lower package to lower your bill. :)

i paused last year while i was out of town. i should have just reduced my package to the welcome package so the two year comminment would have continued on. by pausing they extend your time on your contract. they didnt tell me i could do that. but you live and learn.

I'm not under contract so not a concern.Looks like most of the stuff I watch is on the 120 pack,unfortunately.I may hold out a week or two to see if they can strike a deal with Comcast for the Houston sports.

I wish they would finally make an HD only pack.

Thanks for the help guy's

daro said:
I'm not under contract so not a concern.Looks like most of the stuff I watch is on the 120 pack,unfortunately.I may hold out a week or two to see if they can strike a deal with Comcast for the Houston sports.

I wish they would finally make an HD only pack.

Thanks for the help guy's

Dish Latino Dos is also $44.99/month. FMI: http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/dish-latino-dos/ or http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/OnlineChannel_Latino.pdf (may be outdated as AMC is back in Dish Latino Plus and above)

In addition, Dish says they offer "HD Only" packages with the Dish America packages. Dish America is $34.99/month last time I checked. FMI: http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/DISHamericaChannelGuide.pdf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)