Old Hopper replaced with "new" Hopper/EHD will not play back my recordings!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ghpr13

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 1, 2009
Louisville, KY
Before I went up to Chicago a week ago, my Hopper started giving me problems. It froze up one day and I did a pull the plug reset, but after it booted up it was all messed up. It acted like I had lost the latest software update. My guide kept reverting back to "My Channels" and I kept losing channels that I had in my favorite list. Anyway, I called Dish and Tech said it sounded like my hard drive went bad. So they sent me out a replacement. I hooked it up today and all went well until I tried to play a recorded program off of my EHD. Then a message came up saying that "the attached USB storage device is currently configured for use with another Dish Network account...To use this device with this receiver, all existing archived events will be deleted." Is this true?
Now I didn't have a problem when I replaced my VIP 722k. Is there any thing I can do to get it to work again? Do I need to call Dish? Can they straighten this out?
Thanks,
Ghpr13:(

Yeah call them or hit up a DIRT member. Sounds like you need to have your new hopper "zapped" or whatever term they use to call reauthorizing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts