Dish platinum option 3

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I still have my menu say dish platinum and thought out would have changed by now...

Im new to the internet on my 622 but my question is why do you have to wait before you can watch some movies...one had a 2 hr 17 min wait...another had 1hr 33 min wait...

any cool or neat features I need to know about the 622 hooked up to the internet???

thanks in advance

Just curious. My 612 received an update that now shows blockbuster instead of platinum. My 622 still displays platinum. It's no big deal since it seems there's no difference between the two. I have the AEP package.

I'm in the same boat, the 622 does not have the right codec to do streaming, you'll need a 722, try to get a free upgrade

so the 622 doesnt actually stream???i have to wait for the movie to download then correct???

im waiting for the 922 to be released again so I can deal with it until then

Last edited:
JimK2 said:
I'm in the same boat, the 622 does not have the right codec to do streaming, you'll need a 722, try to get a free upgrade

It's called adaptive streaming. 722...u can start watching in a few min while the rest of the movie keep dl. 622 u need to wait for the dl to finish.

so the 622 doesnt actually stream???i have to wait for the movie to download then correct???

I have a 722 and two 612s and frankly I don't call what either receiver does "true streaming" since the program is always staged to disk, and since there is no such option for non DVR receivers. Before L721 on my 722, and before L643 on my 612's, I could still set up a download, navigate back into My Rentals, find the movie, and start it fairly soon after I asked it to download. I imagine your 622 will do the same, even though it's apparently too feeble-minded to do adaptive streaming. I'm surprised about that since the 612s apparently will.

I have a 722k and the downloads take so long that I had to start them the night before. Even with some SD movies. (Also, with the extremely slow turn around on DVD's, we decided to cancel BBMP.) We watched I think two movies on the extra 21 channels over the period of our subscription. It's just not worth $10. Maybe $5. We can stream Netflix movies and shows our kids and we enjoy instantly on our BluRay player with no lag. Yes. They are SD but so what. I can watch them when I want and there is more of what we want to watch. MP just didn't have the selection on the "streaming" and to wait on DVD's...well by the time I got them we would go a week before we decided to watch them because we were streaming from NF. So, Dish, you got some serious work to do on MP before I'll pay $10 for it. Just sayn. And if I just have to have a dvd or bluray then I'll go a block and rent it at RedBox.

Last edited:
will there be an update???

It seems the problem with "true" streaming on the ViP622 is hardware based. So no, there is no software fix.

I recommend going for a ViP722K over the currently unavailable ViP922.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)