Dish playmaker

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
I'm Moving to Dallas TX in 6-12 months and I've never been able to set up my EA dish. i also don't have dish I just use the receivers for OTA and need a sat for guide data. The question is, will a hopper2-3 work with it even though it's one tuner? if the hopper won't work at all, what about a VIP 722 or 722K? and would a wally work with an ehd without it being on an active account?

The Wally will work with a Playmaker. However, I don't think DISH is going to furnish you with guide data if you aren't a customer. I could be wrong.

I'm not a Playmaker fan, so I don't think it's worth $50. You may have better luck than I did.

The Wally will work with a Playmaker. However, I don't think DISH is going to furnish you with guide data if you aren't a customer. I could be wrong.

I'm not a Playmaker fan, so I don't think it's worth $50. You may have better luck than I did.
yeah, I just need a cheap sat that's easy to plug up, also will a VIP222k work? I know its a 2 tuner receiver but it should be able to just use one since it isn't a DVR

If all you need now is OTA, find a TiVo Roamio or Premiere probably about $50 with shipping plus $15 per month for subscription.

When you are ready for Dish they will provide you with the receivers, installation and dishes free just for signing up. You may not get a free Hopper3 but whatever you get it's "free" unless you request to upgrade to the H3.

Not sure if you are not a Dish subscriber that you get any OTA guide.