Dish playmaker

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CLASSICDIRECTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 19, 2022
Shreveport Louisiana USA
I'm Moving to Dallas TX in 6-12 months and I've never been able to set up my EA dish. i also don't have dish I just use the receivers for OTA and need a sat for guide data. The question is, will a hopper2-3 work with it even though it's one tuner? if the hopper won't work at all, what about a VIP 722 or 722K? and would a wally work with an ehd without it being on an active account?

The Wally will work with a Playmaker. However, I don't think DISH is going to furnish you with guide data if you aren't a customer. I could be wrong.

I'm not a Playmaker fan, so I don't think it's worth $50. You may have better luck than I did.

The Wally will work with a Playmaker. However, I don't think DISH is going to furnish you with guide data if you aren't a customer. I could be wrong.

I'm not a Playmaker fan, so I don't think it's worth $50. You may have better luck than I did.
yeah, I just need a cheap sat that's easy to plug up, also will a VIP222k work? I know its a 2 tuner receiver but it should be able to just use one since it isn't a DVR

If all you need now is OTA, find a TiVo Roamio or Premiere probably about $50 with shipping plus $15 per month for subscription.

When you are ready for Dish they will provide you with the receivers, installation and dishes free just for signing up. You may not get a free Hopper3 but whatever you get it's "free" unless you request to upgrade to the H3.

Not sure if you are not a Dish subscriber that you get any OTA guide.