Dish - Please give us a list of HD channels

I have 2 rsn ( Sportsouth, Fox South) and I have yet to see any hd except for the game only. I have both Direct and Dish. Not a big difference between the 2 providers concerning rsn in my book except non hd programs have a tad better pq on Direct.

Those two rsn are 24/7 hd btw.
Do you have the sports packs? Based on the fact that you said you only had 2 RSNs, I would say no.

Edit: Didnt mean that to sound as if I am attacking. Just curious. Intent doesnt come across that well in type:)

Last edited:
Let me clarify, because I think this is where the confusion is coming from.

Blackout rules on Pro games do apply on D* also (although with D*, there is away around them).
Yes MLB Pack for $200 is the only way around the blackouts.
Also with the Game only RSN's on E* you get all the pre game shows, post game shows,and sports nite in HD along with the Game on E* HD RSN's.
So I've yet to see where SNY on D* is any Better the SNY on E*. I have DVRs ,so I don't need to watch Post games reports over and over in HD all day long on a fulltime RSN.

I'd say more like 56 that everyone can get - If everyone can't get them, don't count them i say - PPV excluded

VOD doesn't count either cause everyone doesn't get them like they are supposed to at the moment

I switched from D* to E* on Aug 1st. So unless something changed drastically over the last month which I doubt both D* and E* RSN works the same way. .
I must have missed this the first time around, but D* DID change many of the HD RSNs to full time since you left.

Yes MLB Pack for $200 is the only way around the blackouts.
Also with the Game only RSN's on E* you get all the pre game shows, post game shows,and sports nite in HD along with the Game on E* HD RSN's.
So I've yet to see where SNY on D* is any Better the SNY on E*. I have DVRs ,so I don't need to watch Post games reports over and over in HD all day long on a fulltime RSN.
Yes, thats the way to get around blackouts for baseball.

I am sure the usefullness of a channel being full time or not will change based on the channel itself, and what content the viewer wishes to watch, and also if the viewer has a DVR. Not everyone is the same, and not every channel is the same

Why do you people obsess over this number thing?

We all know it's BS. So why worry about it? Look at the list of actual channels you can subscribe to, and compare it to the list of actual channels you can subscribe to through DirecTV or cable or FiOS or whatever.

Anyone who makes a major buying decision based on one line in a commercial or a little web graphic in the corner deserves to be disappointed, and it'll happen again and again in their life, probably on much more important decisions.

All that matters is the content, not the numbers. They could have 114 legitimate, full-time HD channels, but if none of them are of interest to you, what does it matter? I am a movie watcher, so at this point, DISH has more to offer me than DirecTV. Maybe that will change in the future. In any case, the fact that DirecTV has more actual HD channels is irrelevant to me.

And I'm sure these numbers have been cleared by the legal department. They're BS, but they have their basis in reality. So there's no reason they need to show YOU this list. When some whiner tries to file an FTC false advertising claim, they'll laugh and hand over the list to the FTC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)