Dish pointing etc. help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reanimator

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
I have read many threads and have concluded this much so far. I live in Coconut Creek, FL. 33066 just North of Ft. Lauderdale. I have a universal Lnb with the Hot Dish 75 and a nexus - s card. I have set my dish at 64 deg elevation and my dish bracket to 25.6 or as close as I could get it so far at center of the nut. I am using a 2.5 inch pole made of ridgid conduit and have used a plumb line to get it as close as possible to plumb. AMC 5 was suggested to me to use as my true south sat but I am not sure if I understand enough about progfinder to setup all the settings. Also it has been brought to my attention that my channel Master signal meter will not do the trick thus the progfinder program. I have used progfinder to find Nimiq 1 and 2 using my 18" dish with much success. Please any more assistance is appreciated.

Did you change your LNB L.O. setting to 09750 for the universal LNB you are now using?

If so punch in the coordinates of Empire Sports that I gave you and aim south, it cant be much!

The advantage I would have using ProgFinder would be the tone I could hear when I am working on the dish. With ProgDVB I have to use my monitor.

Forget about Progfinder, it's a waste of time for FSS.

Open up ProgDVB, make sure you're using an FSS LNB, set it to KuBand to 9750
10600 (maybe 10750) under Settings/Diseqc.
OK out of that.
Goto Channel List/Scan Transponder then scroll to AMC5, be careful though - ProgDVB has a nasty habit of overwriting good transponder .ini files so grab one from Joshyfuns transponder site or go to Lyngsat and make sure the transponders are correct.
Move your dish to where you thing AMC5 is, go back to ProgDVB and scroll through the transponder list until you get sig/quality.

I don't understand why your sigmeter isn't working with your Nexus, I have an el-cheapo sig meter inline with my motor and it works fine.

When you say conduit you mean steel, right?

Universal LNB does not work with my signal meter (yes it has tone switching feature) , I have to use a standard Ku band LNB to be able to point a Ku band system dish! I think this is because the Universal LNB has a switch inside!

I think I need a complete walthrough with ProgDVB. I got pissed off with it last night and just searched for a sat on my 18" dish. Very easy with that DTV type dish.

Hey neighbor, did you get your system up and running? Inquiring mind in Davie needs (REALLY NEEDS) to know. No luck so far getting Quality % only, high Level % read. Extremely frustrated. Thought that maybe had a hardware problem, but I have cooled off, and would like to find a professional installer in our area to give it a shot before I ship it back to the retailer.

greyskies

Greyskies,

I have not worked on the 31" dish lately cause there have been too much to do. I am currently using 2 18" dishes to get echo and nimiq sats with no problems. So I guess that means most of my hardware and software is working ok.

reanimator said:
Greyskies,

I have not worked on the 31" dish lately cause there have been too much to do. I am currently using 2 18" dishes to get echo and nimiq sats with no problems. So I guess that means most of my hardware and software is working ok.

Wyr

Didnt read the rules, huh?

NO HACK TALK!!!!!!!

WyrTwister said:
Wyr

Didnt read the rules, huh?

NO HACK TALK!!!!!!!

I fail to see where any hack talk was present in the post. Using an address broker to get more than one satellite system is commonly talked about. People "move" all the time to get the programming they want.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)