Dish positioner control from different site location?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CbandLover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2004
Ok guys. Here is one for you all.

I am seeking a positioner box for a polar mount actuator that can be controlled via a network connection, or could be connected to a computer, where I could network into that PC and command the positioner that way.

The LNB feeds are sent over fiber to our network operations. I want to control these things from there so I can feed hunt with a FTA receiver, or for emergency backup if one of the stationary dishes fail, I can move my dish to that sat location fast.

Ideas anyone? Manufacturers? Supplier names?

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

if you configure it up to a pc card and have the pc card control the system via a g-box / v-box (and i haven't tried it to see if it works) then couldn't you use something like pc anywhere or a network connection (as long as that pc is on the network.) to control it ? sounds like it should work but maybe someone who has tried it will chime in :)

if you configure it up to a pc card and have the pc card control the system via a g-box / v-box (and i haven't tried it to see if it works) then couldn't you use something like pc anywhere or a network connection (as long as that pc is on the network.) to control it ? sounds like it should work but maybe someone who has tried it will chime in :)

I would give that an A for creativity and of course functionality because I think that would work using VNC to the computer. But I need something more commercial grade. Money is no option in this case. How often do you hear that? : )

There was a UK company I found that had some sort of software called SRC4, but they do not make it anymore. It was specifically designed for remote control of equipement. I just cannot find anything comparable when I do a search.

I was thinking VNC, but couldn't you also use a Slingbox, it relays Remote Control signals, doesn't it. I don't have one, just throwing it out there.

Gabshere,

I should have mentioned that our current controllers do have rs485 links on them. I think that Lantronix device might be just what I need. That SRC4 page you have is way more updated than the one I found. Maybe it is still available. That would be preferable because of its GUI interface and I am familiar with Standard Comm. as we have some old gear from them.

Thanks for the input everyone. I do appreciate it. I will continue to check back to see if there are other solutions to compare with.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts