Dish Positioner Options

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Natedawg63

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Alabama
My system is finally comin' together... Sami dish, ADL feed w/LNBs, my $50 DSR-922 barely used receiver.

As far as a dish positioner, should I use the DSR-922 or would I be better served with something like the Uniden Supra, which I can get cheaply. I think I have read the Supra is a very accurate positioner, but I didn't know if I should jus use the DSR for the task. Any suggestions are greatly accepted.

Nate

Another Pointing Question

Alot of set-up guides I read and will follow say that after I get my proper angles set on the dish... Hook up a TV and receiver outside and point at my southernmost sat to check signal strength, move the sat east, west, adjust, etc...

Will the DSR lock onto those sats that are not 4DTV and give me signal strength like a non-4DTV C/Ku receiver will? Or do I need another receiver to set-up my dish? This was another reason I was gonna look into a non-4DTV receiver.

Nate

What is your true south sat? You are probably close to 85w and I do believe there is some c band there. If you have a FTA receiver it will be a bit easier to use than the 4DTV as the meter on the 4DTV is a bit slow in responding.

C Band is very forgiving, learning the 4DTV will take a little bit.
If your True South Sat does not have any DCII Signals, do the best you can aiming using a compass.
In the 4DTV select Sat GB (it's Galaxy 17 @ 91 west) and enter channel 410, it's the NFL Network.
Tweak Polarity. Then try for G1 Channel 3 (Galaxy 15 @ 133 west)

Ask lots of Questions.

Yup... 85w is my truest south sat. Guess I need to invest in a good lil FTA receiver. Any suggestions? Would the Uniden Supra not do me any good cause it is analogue?

Nate

I guess people use the Supra as a pointer and slave it to a FTA DVB type receiver? Stll learning all the hardware stuff. Finally got my head around the setting up the dish part, always something more to grasp.

Nate

So... I could use the DSR-922 for the positioner and slave it to say a Traxis DBS 3500 FTA receiver. Can I tell or make the 922 go to/lock onto sat 87w and check the signal on the Traxis or do you tell the Traxis to find 87w and it makes the dish move through the 922?

Thanks...
Nate

My south sat is 87w - AMC 3 - sorry for the typo...

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)