DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

my bill arrived, a $4.65 increase and $10.00 for 18 months credit, no free HD for life as expected, but the $10.00 credit will cover that for 18 months:

Previous Bill 156.91
Dec 26 Credit Card Payment -156.91
Balance Forward $0.00

Bill Period 02/05/13 - 03/04/13
Feb 05 - Mar 04 Monthly Charges

America's Everything Pak 119.99
DVR Service 10.00
HD 250 PR/VI 10.00
Hopper Receiver 7.00
Joey Receiver 7.00
5 Superstations 7.00
$160.99

Feb 05 - Mar 04 Monthly Savings
Cr: Courtesy 1 Of 18 -10.00
-$10.00

Jan 20 State/local Tax (sales) 10.57

Bill Period 02/05/13 - 03/04/13 $161.56

I got my $5 increase, but no discount, but I have Dish America w/BB@H, so I guess that I am not worth much as a customer, even though I have been with them for 13 years at least. But every time, they increase prices, I drop something. Now I have nothing left to drop, but to stop my service.

Perhaps your bill hasn't been updated yet. Look in the programming page, where you can select and modify your programming choices. Does it show as 64.99 there?

From what I know, only AT120+ and AEP subs will get an automatic discount, unless you signed up after 3/1/2012.
In My Programming, it is indeed $65. However, it is $60 on my bill for the period 1/30-2/28, which is well after the 1/17 price increase. So, as I said, they appear to be simply charging me $5 less, as opposed to charging me full price with a credit.

It appears that extending my contract when I got the Hopper upgrade in March, entitles me to the discount.

Haven't receive a bill but online it is showing the Latino Dos and DVR increases, no discounts. So be it.

In My Programming, it is indeed $65. However, it is $60 on my bill for the period 1/30-2/28, which is well after the 1/17 price increase. So, as I said, they appear to be simply charging me $5 less, as opposed to charging me full price with a credit.

It appears that extending my contract when I got the Hopper upgrade in March, entitles me to the discount.
Mine is the same way. Shows $5 less for the billing period of 1/21-2/20 than whats on My Programming. I'll bet that any bills generated before the price increase will show the old price, and any bills generated after the price increase will be the new price. I don't think they will back date the new charges to the start of the price increase. I betcha yours and mine will show the new price on the next bill generation.

I got my $5 increase, but no discount, but I have Dish America w/BB@H, so I guess that I am not worth much as a customer, even though I have been with them for 13 years at least. But every time, they increase prices, I drop something. Now I have nothing left to drop, but to stop my service.

Haven't receive a bill but online it is showing the Latino Dos and DVR increases, no discounts. So be it.
To be clear, the only subs getting the automatic price protection discounts are new subs since 3/1/2012, and any sub of AT120+ and AEP, since both of those packages went up by more than $5.

Mine is the same way. Shows $5 less for the billing period of 1/21-2/20 than whats on My Programming. I'll bet that any bills generated before the price increase will show the old price, and any bills generated after the price increase will be the new price. I don't think they will back date the new charges to the start of the price increase. I betcha yours and mine will show the new price on the next bill generation.
It's possible. It doesn't seem like Dish to leave money on the table, though.

To be clear, the only subs getting the automatic price protection discounts are new subs since 3/1/2012, and any sub of AT120+ and AEP, since both of those packages went up by more than $5.
Maybe. Maybe not. Upgrades after 3/1 that required contract extensions may also be eligible. It would be nice to get an official ruling on that.

It's possible. It doesn't seem like Dish to leave money on the table, though.
I can see why. Imagine the uproar when many people who had their bills generated before the price increase see their next bill with the $5 increase AND a backdated charge for the previous bill, with double the increase in one month.

Dropped 120+ right before the price increase went into effect. Been a sub for quite a while now and have always been pay in advance.

Those bastards! Kill them all! :mad:

:D

wonder if we would have waited for the price hike, and then downgraded to at120, if they would remove the $5 credit (if we would have even gotten it).

I'm still not sure what my price will be when all is said and done. I know I have a 5 dollar increase--but not sure of anything else in this matter.
I up-graded in August to AT250
I have the so called " Free HD" for life
Also have HBO half price until mid-February.
Multi-Sports pack half price until mid-February.
1-722 DVR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts