DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

I've done the same thing. I have about 3TB of tv series and movies I've ripped to my NAS and access around the house on wdtv boxes. I have 2 wdtv hubs with 1TB internal drives that I put stuff on to view when we travel. All my dvds are boxed up in a closet.

same here. did the same to all our cds years ago!

Same here,I still have my cds/dvds/bds/ stored in my entertainment center but,they are all ripped and streamed.That's where I feel streaming devices such as Roku miss the boat.No Dlna built in with all the necessary codecs.I have yet to find one media player/streamer,that does it all and does it all well.Sure you can use Plex with the Roku,but it's much simpler to have a stand alone player that doesn't require other s/w.I use a Patriot Box Office for all my movies,cd collection,and tv shows,then the roku and PS3 for internet streaming.I have tried several other devices,have yet to find the perfect aio solution.

Hear hear. I had an IDE/SATA adapter go bad inside my even older Mediagate MG-35, taking 750GB of DVD rips offline. Before I figured out what was wrong and fixed it, I went looking for another Patriot Box Office, but couldn't find any available. What's going on here? My Logitech Revue is useless for mpeg-2 programming, so that was a non-starter.

Same here,I still have my cds/dvds/bds/ stored in my entertainment center but,they are all ripped and streamed.That's where I feel streaming devices such as Roku miss the boat.No Dlna built in with all the necessary codecs.I have yet to find one media player/streamer,that does it all and does it all well.Sure you can use Plex with the Roku,but it's much simpler to have a stand alone player that doesn't require other s/w.I use a Patriot Box Office for all my movies,cd collection,and tv shows,then the roku and PS3 for internet streaming.I have tried several other devices,have yet to find the perfect aio solution.

Yeah, Roku screwed up there.

So far, Serviio has been almost flawless running on our home server. All the tvs/players/ios/android devices can stream music/movies/photos no problem.

Same here,I still have my cds/dvds/bds/ stored in my entertainment center but,they are all ripped and streamed.
How do you rip the DVDs? I've tried here and there with no luck at all. I've had ripped CDs forever, but never figured out the DVD angle. I'd love to get my DVDs ripped, though that would probably take a long time!

also...DVDFab Decrypter

That's actually the one I was trying to think of... DVD Toolbox is really old and I think that they pulled it due to copyright issues. I've used DVD Decrypter since.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

dvd fab is one I use.

I went looking for another Patriot Box Office, but couldn't find any available. What's going on here?

Patriot in their infinite wisdom stopped producing the PBO.Now they have the Patriot Alpine. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007SX55Y8/?tag=satell01-20

I haven't tried the alpine,the PBO has been very good at what I need for going on 4 yrs now.You can still find the PBO used but,they are more now than what I bought for new then.The WDTV is the second closest I have come to the PBO as far as file playback the s/w was somewhat buggier though.I ended up giving the WDTV to my daughter with an ehd.

If someone could come up with a media player/streamer that had full dlna/upnp,with all the necessary codecs,plus all the online streaming services they would have a winner.Whether it's Boxee Box,WDTV,Roku,PBO,and too many others to list,each have something missing.

I love classic TV shows way better than some of the current shows out today. All those shows you mentioned are great but Netflix only has a few of them. I would love Netflix to add more classic TV shows instead of these crappy current shows they have been adding which I have no interest in.

Crackle and there are some others,that are free,have several classic tv shows.

I have a question maybe you guys can answer. Right now we have the AEP and we're getting the discounts because we are new to Dish. So we get the extra $15 off for 18 months. What I am wondering is if we dropped down to say the Top 120 to save $50 to $60 a month for a little while would we be able to get AEP later and get that discount again? I'm thinking no but I figure you guys would know for sure. Thanks again!

I have a question maybe you guys can answer. Right now we have the AEP and we're getting the discounts because we are new to Dish. So we get the extra $15 off for 18 months. What I am wondering is if we dropped down to say the Top 120 to save $50 to $60 a month for a little while would we be able to get AEP later and get that discount again? I'm thinking no but I figure you guys would know for sure. Thanks again!

Don't think so

No going by what the announcement said, you had to subscribe during the time period.

That's cool. I'll just keep AEP. It's pretty generous giving us those credits for 18 months. Thanks again guys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

I love classic TV shows way better than some of the current shows out today. All those shows you mentioned are great but Netflix only has a few of them. I would love Netflix to add more classic TV shows instead of these crappy current shows they have been adding which I have no interest in.

Metv and Cozi tv ota channels show all the classic shows I watched as a kid and even from the 50s . I am so happy that DISH finally added the guide data for both of these channels in my area. I always have something classic recorded.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)