DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

Got a dish envelope in the mail today as well.All I can find in it is the refer a friend gift cards and,a flyer promoting all new shows and series on Disney.:rolleyes: Nothing about a price increase.I suspect it will be in the mail Monday.

Got a dish envelope in the mail today as well.All I can find in it is the refer a friend gift cards and,a flyer promoting all new shows and series on Disney.:rolleyes: Nothing about a price increase.I suspect it will be in the mail Monday.

Series on Disney...always interesting when it comes to Disney :)

Thanks to those that responded to my earlier post. I guess there's not much value for me to upgrade to Hopper/Joey at the moment. It would just increase my bill even further. I'll consider it when I upgrade my second TV to HD.

I haven't received any mailers from DISH regarding the price increase.

I have a question about the price increases to those more experienced with Dish's billing and price changes. I just signed up for Dish and had it installed & activated on 12/31/2012. Previously I had cable through my telco and was grandfathered in on price changes (I paid whatever price it was when I signed up, but if I changed anything on the account it would go to the then-current price).

I subscribed to the AT250 and have a free trial of the 4 premium movie channels and Blockbuster At Home. According to the "My Programming" section of My Dish online account area, I am currently subscribed to AEP and I get a credit on my bill for the premiums. My understanding is that if I add the 4 premium movie channels to AT250, Dish's billing system automatically puts you on AEP (as it is a little cheaper than AT250 + 4 premiums), so I believe this is the case for me.

I am considering keeping the 4 premiums after my 3-month trial period is over (and possibly Blockbuster At Home as well), but I was wondering - would I get the $10 credit for 18 months that AEP subscribers get, or just the $5 that AT250 subscribers get?

If i were you i would call and ask and have them notate the account. there was actually some discussion about who gets that credit and until recently they have been unailling to say much.

Woo hoo!!Got the letter thanking us or being great Dish customers.Unfortunately it was kind of like getting a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking.:rolleyes:

Woo hoo!!Got the letter thanking us or being great Dish customers.Unfortunately it was kind of like getting a lump of coal in your Christmas stocking.:rolleyes:

Yup, thanks for being a customer and to show our speciation we will be raising your price 5 bucks. Yay :)

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

Yup, thanks for being a customer and to show our speciation we will be raising your price 5 bucks. Yay :)

It would be hard to find a single subscription tv service who is not sending out that letter this year. :(

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It would be hard to find a single subscription tv service who is not sending out that letter this year. :(

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I know, and I am ok with that. My issue was with the letter itself, the presentation is all. :)

For us it equates to a $6 increase.I'm not putting the blame all on Dish,just some.The broadcasters are out of control.One thing I did notice in the letter which surprised me a little,was the we understand you may need to make changes in your packages to fit your budget.Never seen that type of statement before.It's almost like they are encouraging folks to lower packages.

It appears that all base packages are going up $5 a month.
DVR Service Fee is going up $1 (excludes the 922 and HOPPER)
If you have all 4 Pay Services (HBO, Showtime, Cinemax and Starz) then your bill will go up $1.

Those customers who are within their first year of service with DISH will not see a price increase until after they have completed their first year. (So if you want to sign up for DISH, then sign up now and have your rates locked for the next year!)

We have reached out to DISH PR for official confirmation of these prices, but this is what announced today on the Retailer Chat.

Yep give no increases for 3 years then BAM $5 more plus the other $1 hikes which really just balanced it out from a normal $2 more each year which IMO is stupid. These increases are lame and way too high so I guess I'll be calling soon and getting on some sorta promo or something to offset this crazy increase.

I for one, does not have a problem with the increase. Just check with those on cable and see how much their packages have gone up in 3 years. Increases are just a fact of life. How much did you pay for food 3 years ago? I know that TWC has raised their rates several times in the last 3 years.