Dish Pricing Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hello Directv. .
Yep, E* has some really Bad business practices. But I have no loyalty so I'll drop them like a bad habit.
D* will Launch more HD anyway soon anyway.:)
I'll miss the VIP's But somethings are more important.
One is not making Charlie even more money. He has 1 good year adding subs, Then he wants to F%^& all of them.

Every year Scott goes and posts a rumor about price increases, everyone starts freaking out over it and it turns out to be an increase of about $4 overall when everything averages out.
Absolutely. Sorry Scott, but you jumped too soon with this one, especially with all the knee jerking Chicken Littles around here. And everyone, don't forget the ONE accurate thing Scott said, nothing is official until formal announcement.

Last edited:
How did I jump too soon? Many Dish employees have contacted me and said my info is what they were told over the past few days.

Should I have said nothing and had it be a surprise?

Yep, E* has some really Bad business practices. But I have no loyalty so I'll drop them like a bad habit.
D* will Launch more HD anyway soon anyway.:)
I'll miss the VIP's But somethings are more important.
One is not making Charlie even more money. He has 1 good year adding subs, Then he wants to F%^& all of them.

I had an HR20 and HR22, the 22 is sloooooooow but I do like some things about the HR's, so...

Absolutely. Sorry Scott, but you jumped too soon with this one, especially with all the knee jerking Chicken Littles around here. And everyone, don't forget the ONE accurate thing Scott said, nothing is official until formal announcement.

I'm not acting like the sky is falling, but we all know both providers read the site, and if there is anyway they are considering this, I want them to know my opinion. One reason why I don't hold back on criticism of Dish or Directv. Don't vote, cant bitch...

How did I jump too soon? Many Dish employees have contacted me and said my info is what they were told over the past few days.

Yes. At least everything would be etched in stone.

I'm glad you did. Like I said, its better to give us 2 months to let them have our opinion, than to go "SURPRISE" when it happens out of the blue.

Then everyone would be pissed at Scott for not having told them sooner.

Thanks scott for the info, Its at least good to see what they are thinking about. Not that I am thinking of switching, but I checked just to see what the current price range of Direct would be if I thought of going back (which I am not doing) The Choice plus package I think it is (the middle package) with my curent set up of two HD TV' with HD DVRs on two and one (dual reciever to get one hooked up with SD) tv is pushing 100 bucks with there HD fees and such if I added everything up on there "Build" section on there site. Again each year we all know we will get the five dollar or so increase, hopefully it does not get out of hand.

We go thru this with every rumor. One group would rather stay in the dark and get rammed from behind, the other group would rather know the potential so they can voice an opinion. Do I agree with starting to make decisions on the rumor? No. Do I agree with letting Dish/Directv know your ideas on the rumor? Yes.

Enjoy your side of the fence.

I am confused. :confused: What would be the point of having Duo HD Receivers unless you have only one if it would cost the same as Solo HD Receivers under this if it happens to be true? I may be wrong, but that is how I read it. I am not liking this at all. I notice everyone saying they will switch to D*. I am sure that D* will increase, too. Cable, D*, and E* usually all do.

If I held back on reporting the info I was getting for multiple sources and didnt report on it until Dish made it official, then I might as well change the sites name to DBSTalk.

This is SatelliteGuys and when we have a good lead on a story we report it. If you don't want to know anything until there is a press release then go to DBSTalk.

Thinking about it last night, while $17 a month is a lot for a Duo DVR, when you figure that the price includes the AO, DVR and other fees it makes it better. I know some folks though that the $17 charge would also include the other fees on top, not they case they are just rolling all the charges together.

I did a check of my local cable company and the costs for a HD DVR are about the same PLUS they charge extra to rent the remote to operate the HD DVR. It looks like this receiver pricing is going to become the norm in the industry and would not be surprised to see DirecTV follow behind, but if they dont they they just might be able to call themselves the new low price leader.

One more thing I am proud to report the good and bad on all of the satellite industry, I do this so that our members are informed so they can make the best decissions for their needs. And informed consumer is a better consumer. Take a look at the homepage at the other site, they only report the good stuff, we tell you the good and bad so you can decide whats best for you. And that something I am damn proud of. :)

Just wondering with this type of price increase, does this give one the ability to get out of their commitment without any early termination fees?

Scott, what is the AO??

I'm not about giving money away, and lack loyalty, so if D*'s rcvr's are cheaper, then...

The AO fee is going to be built into the receiver fee, meaning no more $5 extra as a seperate item. They are trying to make things easier by including all charges in one fee instead of having all these seperate charges on your bill.

Yeah, but what is "AO"?

Maybe someone who knows the numbers (not me), should post a before and after comparison for someone with two or more receivers. Breakdown would make it more clear.