Dish Pricing Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope they get the 222 EHD feature that way we can have a dual tuner HD DVR without DVR fee's. This will eliminate some fees and make archiving more convenient. I can see a lot of people going with 211 with EHD.

How about swapping a 722 for a 612? Are they going to charge to do this?

Also, are the 322's going to have the A/O TV2 fee waived as well if it is the first receiver / only receiver on the account?

I have to agree. If Dish would offer true dual tuner DVR experience with the 222 and 222K, than I could see Dish fee restructure because it would allow us the option of the one-time DVR charge to use external HDD to record programs. I would be willing to assume the cost of external HDD and replacement when it dies. But, wait! Dish went with USB 2.0 and not eSATA, so I am not optimistic that dual tuner external HDD recording will be like the internal HDD experience. Well, let's hope they are ready to launch DVR functionality of the 222 and 222K when they implement this new fee structure. At least, it would be a bone thrown to us.

They are just shuffling fee's around so that they can raise prices to pay for the new HD while still claiming not too!! Typical Charlie Speak

That works unless you have AEP which includes the DVR fees. Multi Duo AEP customers get screwed.
Yes, this is what most of us are complaining about. AEP currently does not have the DVR fee. If E* adds a new DVR fee to AEP, there will be no advantage to having it any longer. I will downgrade my service if this DVR fee is imposed. Two new DVR fees plus extra equipment fees equals a dissatisfied customer.:mad:

My Dish service is a luxury that I apparently will soon not be able to afford. I guess I'll be looking into going back to cable or just OTA. The wife and I will really miss HGTV though.... oh well.

Yes, this is what most of us are complaining about. AEP currently does not have the DVR fee. If E* adds a new DVR fee to AEP, there will be no advantage to having it any longer. I will downgrade my service if this DVR fee is imposed. Two new DVR fees plus extra equipment fees equals a dissatisfied customer.:mad:

And AEP customers with multiple receivers are the highest paying customers. Screw your highest paying customers?

I think E has got the message:)

Ideally just make it ONE DVR FEE PER ACCOUNT, waive fee for AEP, have a single extra receiver fee that combines extra receiver fee and no phone in fee, give 5 buck discount for all being connected all the time.

501 and 508s where they are the only DVRs on the account would remain fee free.......

this would be fair, cost E some bucks but help sales, call lost revenue a promo cost:)

offer a lifetime of account DVR fee one shot cost, like 80 bucks...

bet the final announcement ends up like this.

So Scott, I have just one DVR and i believe it's the 722. How much will i be paying for the DVR. I am now thinking of going with Cable now that they have added all the channels i want and even have cell service internet and phone etc- I agree this is not good a lot of people aren't going to be happy with this. Our cable is getting pretty tempting I may just jump ship. Max.

How much will i be paying for the DVR. I am now thinking of going with Cable now that they have added all the channels i want and even have cell service internet and phone etc- I agree this is not good a lot of people aren't going to be happy with this. Our cable is getting pretty tempting I may just jump ship. Max.
With just one DVR, your bill is likely to go down or at worst, stay the same. The first (and in your case the only) receiver is N/C, or so we've been told.

How much will i be paying for the DVR. I am now thinking of going with Cable now that they have added all the channels i want and even have cell service internet and phone etc- I agree this is not good a lot of people aren't going to be happy with this. Our cable is getting pretty tempting I may just jump ship. Max.
If you have just one DVR, your bill is likely to go down. The first receiver is N/C, or so we've been told.

The thing that I can't understand is the guys with more than six viewing locations. I have always been told that they will lease you up to four viewing locations, you can buy equipment to get an additional two (totaling the six), but after six you have to build a separate account, or pay commercial prices.

Let's see...if I were every to go back to Dish Network they would hit me up for $17 for each of my three owned VIP622 dual-tuner (Duo DVR?) receivers at the tune of $51? That doesn't make any sense? To be honest, folks who own their receivers should not be paying any additional receiver fee beyond a modest $3-$4 for cover administration expenses.

Just my two cents...

And AEP customers with multiple receivers are the highest paying customers. Screw your highest paying customers?

Exactly. Punish your customers that give you the highest revenue and profits? Doesn't make sense. If they go ahead, I will become a former high paying customer.

So after reading 30 pages, I think I understand this. I currently only have a 722k (leased) with AT250+HD. With this new pricing, my bill *might* drop the $5.98 DVR fee? Or it might stay the same? And if I re-activate my owned 211k, my bill would go up by $7? And prior to this if I re-activated my 211k, it would go up how much, $6?

Why doesn't everyone just wait and see what happens before you go overreacting. Seems to happen with people a lot on here. I myself am a fan of some of the changes(other than some prices going up.) They are trying to simplify things and I am in favor of that.

I think that DISH understands that a lot of people are dropping the premiums in order to save $$$$. So this makes sense to go with the locals/dvr bundle or the WITH DVR packs and add what premium packs you want or don't want. You save the .98 cents over doing it the other way. THe main point everyone keeps missing is that DISH has done away with the extra dvr fees on the extra dvr receivers. So if they do as I think they will do on your bill, they will show the 17.00 dvr fee and in the credits they will show the A/0 fee credit for keeping your receivers plugged into a phone or ethernet line: YOU saved $5.00! They will also show the dvr fee as a credit: YOU SAVED $5.98 ! Which means a creative way to show the charge in one way and the credits in another part of the bill. You will still be just paying the 7.00 extra or additional receiver/lease fee . The only thing DISH is doing is combining the fees into one , and standardizing the prices on additional or lease receiver fees. So no more 5.00 for sd and 7.00 for hd , it will be just 7.00 for all extra receivers after the first. Most people will be paying less in February than they do now.

My question is still what about making the hd free with any programming packs? THere were rumors that they were going to do this to advertise FREE HD with any pack, like cable does now. Is this still going to happen and what happens to sd receiver only customers ? Do they get screwed ? Do we have to pay 10.00 more for regular programming packs in order to have the free HD, so they can hide the cost in the packs? I guess we will find out next month at CES about this and other questions .

Why doesn't everyone just wait and see what happens before you go overreacting. Seems to happen with people a lot on here. I myself am a fan of some of the changes(other than some prices going up.) They are trying to simplify things and I am in favor of that.
I think Dish Network "floats" some of their rumors here so they can guage our reaction (we're a very vocal group). Besides...what fun are rumors if you cannot provide honest feedback...and Scott's rumors are more often fact than fiction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts