Dish Pricing Update

Nowthat I am back from my trip I will e mail the CEO office and ask what my new price will be, and let everyone here know. since it appears hazy at best

Let us know. I sent a similar request to them on 12/24, resent it on 12/29, and have yet to hear word one back from them.

They won't comment "publicly" until the announcement is made... that's why nobody is hearing back. Can't blame them, really!

So...before the posts were deleted, he said Ohio & Wisconsin would be notified on January 1st???

It is now January 1. Will individual customers in Ohio and Wisconsin be notified of price increases today or is it a general notification? If anyone has access to the notification, it would be a great service if it could be posted here. It might clear up a lot of confusion if we had an official document from DISH.

Someone claiming to be a CSR posted that rumor, then deleted it. Why would two states get a heads up, on a Holiday?

Someone claiming to be a CSR posted that rumor, then deleted it. Why would two states get a heads up, on a Holiday?

I would not expect any notice on a holiday either, unless it was automated. As for why, it is possible that some states do have advance price increase notices. I just thought that IF something was out there, it would be nice to have it posted. Don't get your knickers in a twist.

I would not expect any notice on a holiday either, unless it was automated. As for why, it is possible that some states do have advance price increase notices. I just thought that IF something was out there, it would be nice to have it posted. Don't get your knickers in a twist.
Nor yours. Just asking a hypothetical question.

Remembering back to my time as a CSR, the 2 states with early notification are based on their individual state laws requiring advanced notification. Customers in those states received the info as part of their January billing statement advising the changes would take effect in Feb.

So we should hopefully see some concrete info in the next few days when ppl w/ Jan. 1st cycle dates receive their mailed statement or view it from the website.

Check out the other thread with the LATEST "Clarification " from Scott & DISH. Looks like the DISH csr in Post #1 was totally WRONG about the credits for tv 2 and dvr fees. You will be paying at least $10.00 more than you do today a month, for having an extra duo dvr on your account after 2/1/10.

Looks like the DISH csr in Post #1 was totally WRONG about the credits for tv 2 and dvr fees.
Rather startling since multiple CSRs told Scott the same thing about a $30 increase.

Nobody has done it so I will here. According to post #1 in the new fee structure thread, Scott's new bill will be...

$99.99 for AEP
$6 per account DVR fee
$10 HD/Plat add-on

and may I have a drum roll please?

$85 = 5 X $17 Duo DVR fee :eek:

That would be $200.99 if Scott does nothing. That about right Scott?

What is up with Dish! These fees on top of fees are starting to sound like the airlines, the fee shuffle game. Any way you slice it it is the same more costs. The SAT companies enjoyed an advantage for years over cable, but with FIOS and UVerse now I don't see the clear advanatage. Actually when you start bundling services I think the SAT companies in the long run are in for bigger competition. Verizon and ATT want to own all data/voice/media coming to your home and they are both well positioned to do that, time is the only thing against them as they need to roll out infrastructure that Comcast already has. I think if you roll foward 5-10 years unless you are in an underserved rural area the SAT companies will begin a long decline. I am do fed up with Dish polices and am just waiting in ATT to provision 3 concurrent HD streams and I suspect I'll be moving to UVerse. Dish has had constant glitches with the NBC feed here in ATL and the HD package issues. I was PRO Dish when they had HD only packages that is what kept me, but they ditched them and want me to pay like $20-$25 more per month to get an SD package just so I can get the 3-4 HD channels I am missing. At that new price point Cable and UVerse are compelling deals especially when you look at bundling voice and Internet. I thinks the way Dish can stay compelling is ot offer true a la carte programming, this can easily be done with soe software development, the problem will be with negotiaging deals with the program providers, since I suspect their deals are based on tiered pricing. Personally until then I love my NetFLix and ROKU as I get a much better value there than from Dish. Honeslty NetFlix and Roku are one of those thinsg where I feel guilty, like I am getting a way better deal than I am paying for.

I've only been with Dish since June of '09, but after 12 years with Insight cable and all their BS, specially after I got HD from them, I still think Dish is a way better alternate. The Motorola DVR Insight rented at $15.00/month was a piece of crap. I had their bundle too. With the phone, cable, & Internet bundle I had, the money saved compared to what I pay now with Dish, Vonage , and Insight (I still have them for Internet), was only about $15.00/month total. The other disadvantages of Insight's bundle was the only thing you could do on their website was just pay your bill. You could not look up any phone info, like a list of numbers called, or past statements (like you can on Vonage). Also, there was no info online about your cable subscription, like Dish has. Personally, I found having all 3 utilities on one bill was sometimes harder to manage than having 3 separate bills, specially around the holidays, because of having one large amount due all at once instead of spaced out at different times in the month. Oh, and the one other thing was I had no where near the number of HD channels I now have with Dish.
In Louisville, KY, we're just getting U-verse, and so far it hasn't been that well received. Fios is no where around us, and Insight is the only cable company in town. So Dish looks the best around here when you compare "Bang for Buck". IMHO

Happy New Year All!
Ghpr13:)

I've only been with Dish since June of '09, but after 12 years with Insight cable and all their BS, specially after I got HD from them, I still think Dish is a way better alternate. The Motorola DVR Insight rented at $15.00/month was a piece of crap. The other disadvantages of Insight's bundle was the only thing you could do on their website was just pay your bill. You could not look up any phone info, like a list of numbers called, or past statements (like you can on Vonage). Also, there was no info online about your cable subscription, like Dish has. Oh, and the one other thing was I had no where near the number of HD channels I now have with Dish.

I had Insight for cable and I think there is no comparison between them and Dish. The number and quality of HD blows them out of the water. And don't get me started on that POS Motorola DVR. It is annoying how you can't even pull up a PDF copy of your bill on their website. I still have them for Internet because WOW can't even compare to them. I would love to have FIOS, but I am dreaming to think they would bring it here.

I had Insight for cable and I think there is no comparison between them and Dish. The number and quality of HD blows them out of the water. And don't get me started on that POS Motorola DVR. It is annoying how you can't even pull up a PDF copy of your bill on their website. I still have them for Internet because WOW can't even compare to them. I would love to have FIOS, but I am dreaming to think they would bring it here.

Good to see comments from Insight customers. With Insight's rate increases, Dish is looking better all the time. I have phone and internet with Windstream and may get Dish through them since they offer a $5 multiproduct discount. Does anyone have experience with getting Dish through Windstream or another phone company?

I think the big players to put the squeeze on Disha dn Direct are going to be UVerse and FIOS, Comcast might be able to compete, but until they fix their own issues I think the newer systesm that Verizon and ATT have will have room to grow. My phone line has been the most reliable utility I have had int he 18 years in this house, I don't think I have lost service more than 203 times in 18 years, even in bad snow storm (in ATL that) that knocked power out for 7 hours, I still had phone! I tried cable for 2 weeks and had 4 outages and dumpeed their Internet. If ATT can get bonded pairs up and running to boost the bandwidth I see them going to 4 HD streams and 24Mbs Internet they got me, even 3 HD streams is all I need.

My phone line has been the most reliable utility I have had int he 18 years in this house, I don't think I have lost service more than 203 times in 18 years, even in bad snow storm (in ATL that) that knocked power out for 7 hours, I still had phone!

Is it safe to assume that you meant 2-3 times? 203 times is almost once per month in 18 years.

I think the big players to put the squeeze on Disha dn Direct are going to be UVerse and FIOS, Comcast might be able to compete, but until they fix their own issues I think the newer systesm that Verizon and ATT have will have room to grow. My phone line has been the most reliable utility I have had int he 18 years in this house, I don't think I have lost service more than 203 times in 18 years, even in bad snow storm (in ATL that) that knocked power out for 7 hours, I still had phone! I tried cable for 2 weeks and had 4 outages and dumpeed their Internet. If ATT can get bonded pairs up and running to boost the bandwidth I see them going to 4 HD streams and 24Mbs Internet they got me, even 3 HD streams is all I need.

There is a huge difference between providing pots and tv/internet. Pots works basically on any copper line no matter how bad the weather or condition of the cable pair. Not so once you start adding DSL (which is what Uverse is) to the picture. VRADs only have so much battery life so do not expect your Uverse phone to still work 7 hours into that power outage even if you have a generator at your house.

Because it is DSL based, Uverse is still distance limited. Over 3k ft from the VRAD means a max of 12mbit internet and 1HD/3SD. Pair bonding may eventually fix this but who knows when or if that will happen. The one thing Pair bonding will not fix is how compressed the Uverse HD is. Anything with quick motion has major pixelation. Its like HD Lite+. In order to allow 1 or 2 HD streams, they have to compress the crap out of it and bit starve it as much as possible.

The dish price increase sucks but its no where near what AT&T has raised their prices over the last 2 years. They seem to get you hooked and then raise prices. Additional receiver prices skyrocketing, movie channel prices increasing, removing channels and putting them in higher tiers, etc. They all do it, its about the lessor of the evils at this point.

That is my two cents as someone that had to deal with Uverse for 1.5 years. Dish HD quality is stunning compared to what Uverse and Comcast offer here.

Scooby

The only difference in the bill should be +$2 for each additional SD receiver / tuner and -$6 for each additional DVR receiver on your account (except those with AEP). I guess we could go through all scenario's (receiver setups and billings) that are possible (up to three receivers to start, someone else can add more scenarios) This only affects those with two or more receivers so that means I will list two or three receivers. #2's don't include MPEG-4 receivers in certain situations because the price increase is not there since they are already at $7 for an additoinal outlet/receiver/tuner fee.

625 = 522, 625
510 - If you replace this with 501/508 then your price remains the same if you already have a DVR on the account that you pay a fee for.
722 = 622, 722
311 = 301, 311, any other single tuner SD non DVR receiver (they are eliminating 301 and legacy receivers due to 8PSK conversion)

Great info....But what about someone who has a 722K and a 612, like myself

The increase would not apply because those people are already being charged the $7 additional outlet fee, correct? The 612 would equal a 510 and the 722 would equal a 522, 625. if that is the case.

Unfortunately, UVerse and FIOS have coverage maps similar to AT&T's 3G coverage map. While some of the highest density areas do have such service available to people, a lot of people don't, many of which are Dish Network customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts