Dish Put A Dish Promo On My Dvr

tawhite said:
I don't really mind it except here's the potential problem. What if your drive is full and they start dumping things on it? Are your own recordings going to get deleted for their marketing crap???
DVDDAD said:
I would hope that these promos would be smart enough to only be recorded if there is sufficient space on the drive and that no programs would be deleted to make room for them.
Just to reiterate - don't worry about any of the above. The timer is low priority (I've seen them in the list on newly-activated boxes), and it IS stored in a reserved area (I watched the time-remaining when I deleted the NBC promo).

Finally, it is NOT "spam", because you have a business relationship with them.

All-in-all, quit yer bitchin'. It ain't hurting you, and IS helping some folks that don't know about Club Dish.

Oh - and yes, I would LIKE to see E* send small events that keep us up to date on E* news.

dstrouth said:
Actually Dish network didn't drive your dvr 5 miles either... they just put an advertisement on it.
Next time you look at your car, check it out, I'd bet that the dealership, just like dish, put an advertisement on it. Those car dealership advertisements sometimes come in the form of license plate holders, and sometimes stickers with their name and phone number that is placed on your new beautiful car. ---AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO REMOVE THESE WITHOUT MESSING UP THE PAINT!(more damaging than a 5 minute recording that can be deleted in 1 push of a button)
From the time I put my $$$ down on a car they better not drive it.....not 1 mile! Furthermore, I require they REMOVE any & all advertising (license plate holders, and stickers or advertising plates with their name) from the car. That is a condition I require before buying.

It pisses me off too that Dish downloaded anything onto my DVR. That is B/S, plain & simple. Frankly I'm shocked to hear all the "sheep" here saying "oh...it's ok, I just delete it". Too bad Bush can't run for Pres again.....from the looks of the responses here, he could get elected again!

Robert

robert393 said:
... Too bad Bush can't run for Pres again.....from the looks of the responses here, he could get elected again!
Robert
NOT IF I HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert393 said:
From the time I put my $$$ down on a car they better not drive it.....not 1 mile! Furthermore, I require they REMOVE any & all advertising (license plate holders, and stickers or advertising plates with their name) from the car. That is a condition I require before buying.
It pisses me off too that Dish downloaded anything onto my DVR. That is B/S, plain & simple. Frankly I'm shocked to hear all the "sheep" here saying "oh...it's ok, I just delete it". Too bad Bush can't run for Pres again.....from the looks of the responses here, he could get elected again!
Robert
whats the tag on your jeans say or anything else you buy and why when you sub to a magizine do they still give you those sub cards

Oh yeah, it's all Bush's fault - again. :(

Why is it the leftists always have to bring their hatred whereever they go?

Personally, I don't mind it - but I'm in the satellite business.

Bottom line, they are within their rights to do it (read your fine print), so vote with your wallet. Find another provider that will guarantee that they won't do what Dish is doing.

Guess what! You will NOT find one. Anywhere. Period.

Mods - this thread has also run it's course.

SimpleSimon said:
Oh yeah, it's all Bush's fault - again. :(
Why is it the leftists always have to bring their hatred whereever they go?
What is hate? Would it be lying to the American public (Sadam has weapons of Mass Destruction, THAT is the reason we are invading), sending American Troops in harms way (more than 2000 dead so far):eek: . No........I guess hate is calling him to the "matt" on it? Pull your head out and look around fella.....see who the hate-mongers REALLY are...:devil:...they MAY be the ones INVADING COUNTRIES & KILLING PEOPLE!:(

Even the right-wing is starting to call it what it is.......a CROCK OF S**T!

Robert

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts