Dish QAM setting

Jets526

Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Eastern pa
I came back to an apartment after 3 months away and was getting "complete signal loss". I called the third party who provides my service and they couldn't get anybody here for about a week and a half. In my frustration I played around with settings and somehow lost the "qam" scan option and now have "check switch" in its place. I am in a commercial property and need to get the "qam" option back. Anybody know how to so this? Thanks.

I think the multi-unit boxes have that capability. Apt bldgs, etc.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

It would be best to know the exact receiver but you can try this,

1. Press “Menu” on your Dish Network remote control
2. Select “System Setup” on the Menu screen by pressing #6 on your Dish remote
3. Select “Installation” on the System Setup screen by pressing #1 on your Dish remote
4. Select “QAM Setup” on the Installation screen by pressing #1 on your Dish remote
5. Make sure the “Scan Range” on the QAM setup screen says: “From: 531” “To: 861”. If it
does skip to step 6, if it does not, repeat the following steps:
a. Highlight the “From” or “To” field (depending on which one needs to be
changed) using the left or right arrows on your Dish Network remote control.
b. Once highlighted, use the up or down arrows to change to the correct number
(531 for the “From” field, 861 for the “To” field)
6. Once the “Scan Range” has the correct range, highlight the “SCAN” field on the right
side of the screen using the arrows on your Dish remote and press select on the Dish
remote
7. Once the scan is complete, highlight “DONE” using the arrows on your Dish remote and
press select on your Dish remote
8. After that, continuously hit cancel on your Dish Network remote control until you are
out of the menu

If the qam option is grayed out then run a check switch and see it detects a q-box. then you can make any adjustments to the qam freq ranges.

Just a theory but sometimes after a software update the box can revert back to check switch by default or if you shut your power off for the last 3 months.

r10fret said:
If the qam option is grayed out then run a check switch and see it detects a q-box. then you can make any adjustments to the qam freq ranges.

Just a theory but sometimes after a software update the box can revert back to check switch by default or if you shut your power off for the last 3 months.

I think that might do it.

My issue is the "qam setup" button has been replaced by "point dish". I need it to say qam setup again. The box is vip211k. Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)