DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

about time Dish settle this nearly 4 year dispute that started over ESPN U and the 4 HD channels that Disney forced Dish to remove. now that the Longhorn Network is coming to Dish, as well as ESPNNews HD. that means i can follow my Longhorns this season to see how Charlie Strong will do in his first year as the successor to Mack Brown as head coach of the football team, as well as some NASCAR races in the final year of the current 2007-2014 tv rights agreement that ESPN networks have with NASCAR that ends with Homestead on ESPNews in the event a college football game goes past it's allowed time (which it almost always does).

so i'll let WWE's Daniel Bryan it for me:

Last edited by a moderator:
EB0VLI6.gif

So... I'm really going to get to watch ESPNU in HD next season?!!?

Was thinking of the abc shows with the future auto hop three day rule, I guess for me it really only affects two shows. Not a huge deal, just have to get back to the skip mode lol

Was thinking of the abc shows with the future auto hop three day rule, I guess for me it really only affects two shows. Not a huge deal, just have to get back to the skip mode lol

Maybe someday Dish will come out with an adjustable skip forward and back setting. Before I switched to Dish my last cable provider had the capability to adjust the setting on their DVRs. I use to have it set on three minutes to skip forward. Worked out good most of the time.

And that's if I want to watch wi thin three days. I usually catch up on shows on Friday and the weekend, so for majority of the abc shows I watch Autohop should still be good :)

This is from DISH's PR Team that I got last night after I went to bed.

Hi Scott,
I'll have to check on the XD channel and get back with you. As for a date, we haven't yet announced that but I expect this spring. Will see if I can get a bit more info for you on that. Thanks!

At first I was bummed that Dish gave up the Autohop (well 3 day delay) because it most likely means that at some point all the autohops are going to be delayed 3 days. Its just a matter of the contract coming up. But then the more I thought and looked at what we got out of the deal, its pretty smart. No knowing the extent of the negotiation but looked just at this one concession, what did Dish really lose? Autohop was just kind of this nice thing, and not something that I felt entitled to (rather than, say, being able to record any show I want) because a majority of the TV I watched I still had to skip through the commercials. And I think the additive skip they have now (push multiple times to add 30 seconds) works just as well. So really Dish came out pretty well by being able to use this marginal feature to their advantage. So getting ESPN U in HD, the SEC Network, more Disney (hopefully in HD) is pretty impressive for nerfing one little feature. I just hope they can get just as much from NBC, CBS, FOX when the time comes.

At first I was bummed that Dish gave up the Autohop (well 3 day delay) because it most likely means that at some point all the autohops are going to be delayed 3 days. Its just a matter of the contract coming up. But then the more I thought and looked at what we got out of the deal, its pretty smart. No knowing the extent of the negotiation but looked just at this one concession, what did Dish really lose? Autohop was just kind of this nice thing, and not something that I felt entitled to (rather than, say, being able to record any show I want) because a majority of the TV I watched I still had to skip through the commercials. And I think the additive skip they have now (push multiple times to add 30 seconds) works just as well. So really Dish came out pretty well by being able to use this marginal feature to their advantage. So getting ESPN U in HD, the SEC Network, more Disney (hopefully in HD) is pretty impressive for nerfing one little feature. I just hope they can get just as much from NBC, CBS, FOX when the time comes.

How many seconds do you get with one push forward skip? My Hoppers get 30 second skip one push.

I'll have to admit, I'm glad the Hoppers aren't integrated. At first I was bummed because I thought they were "half-assing" it. But I'm thankful every time I press the DVR button that "My" Hopper isn't filled with Teen Mom and the Kardashians...

I agree 100%. It works out great because I mainly use one hopper for my recordings, and my wife and daughter use the other. I don't want their garbage shows in my recordings.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

How many seconds do you get with one push forward skip? My Hoppers get 30 second skip one push.
I get 30 seconds on the first push. But if I keep pressing fast it will go to 1m, 1m 30s, 2m, 2m 30s, 3m. I am not sure how far it will go. Its like if you have a microwave with a 30 second button on it, and you can keep pressing it to add 30 seconds. I find that it has to be quick presses, if you delay too much it won't add.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)