DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Now that a deal has been done and while we are awaiting the new HD and other stuff, time to reflect on this thread, what was your favorite moment?

Mine has to be logo or no logo, that is the question! lol

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would have swore one of those articles cited that Dish would need to re-write the autohop s/w.Finding it now would be like a needle in a haystack though.
My local paper has something online, as of 2:46pm (it's just something they're pushing from the AP). As I commented previously, they state:
As part of the new rights deal, Dish Network Corp. agreed to disable — for three days after the initial broadcast — a function on its Hopper digital video recorders that allows people to automatically record and strip out commercials from prime-time weeknight programming.
The bold is added by me... On the other hand, this is business news, not technology news, so I guess it's understandable to some degree.

What about the mobile apps like WatchESPN?

And Dish should have ESPNNEWS, ABC Family and Disney in HD already from before. Should just need to be reuplinked.

The Watch ABC/ESPN/etc. authenticated apps will go live soon per the press releases. Cool, my XBox 360/One boxes will be getting new capabilities .....

Now that a deal has been done and while we are awaiting the new HD and other stuff, time to reflect on this thread, what was your favorite moment?
When Scott announced the deal was made.

My least favorite part would be a later Scott post indicating it could be months until they open the HD sluice gate on the channels we already have. If I can't watch Middle Tennessee St v Robert Morris on ESPNU or Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone (for the 100th time) on ABC Family in HD , I'll just die. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)