DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I wish they would add Dish authentication to WatchESPN and espn3 before tomorrow. The Razorbacks final two BB games of the season are only on it. :(

The call in sports show that focuses on the Hogs had quite a few callers mentioning Dish, ESPN and the sec and longhorn networks. Not to mention getting ESPNU in HD. I wanted to call in and drop a mention of Satelliteguys.us but couldn't get through.

I wish they would add Dish authentication to WatchESPN and espn3 before tomorrow. The Razorbacks final two BB games of the season are only on it. :(

The call in sports show that focuses on the Hogs had quite a few callers mentioning Dish, ESPN and the sec and longhorn networks. Not to mention getting ESPNU in HD. I wanted to call in and drop a mention of Satelliteguys.us but couldn't get through.

Yea kind of funny how the provider who supposedly doesn't sports will have quite the sports offerings :D

Same here. Go Hogs!! WPS!!

That is probably one of the longer/harder thing for the two companies to set up. They have to get Dish's billing system to report to ESPN computers who subscribes.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 174
Thanks for that. Once again the thread is richer. :rolleyes:

Sorry that offended you, but that was the whole basis of the "blackout" with Directv in 2012. They contended the value was not equal to the demanded sum based on customer data.

Sorry that offended you, but that was the whole basis of the "blackout" with Directv in 2012. They contended the value was not equal to the demanded sum based on customer data.

They basically said the same thing about AMC even though they had shows like The Walking Dead and Breaking Bad breaking records. I'm not a big fan of any of the Viacom channels either but Dish isn't going to say something nice about a channel right before they pull them. They are going to talk some smack about it and try to keep customers on their side while they negotiate the price down. In my opinion that is actually worse though. I don't need my TV provider to tell me not to worry about missing shows I like because the channel isn't that good anyways. I'd rather just decide what to watch for myself.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)