DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

This has been a long time coming. Football on ESPN-U HD this fall will be great, and also the new SEC network. The Longhorn network too.

Scott, great job on this, including posting all the links as soon as they became available. Now if Dish could only make Nick Jr. available in HD for my 3 yr. old grandson who frequently watches his favorite shows at my house--...:)

Best regards, and many happy returns of the day to all!

Fitzie

Expect Nick Jr. and the Viacom channels to be added in HD when their contract is up (I have no idea when that is). D* and Viacom had a bloody negotiation process that resulted in all the Viacom channels being blacked out for a month before it was settled. Hopefully it won't go that way with DISH, but what are the odds?

It took DISH the amount of time it takes to "flip a switch" to turn off Disney HD, DisneyXD HD, ABC Family HD, and ESPNews HD. What's taking so long to turn them back on? Is the switch rusted closed?

Expect Nick Jr. and the Viacom channels to be added in HD when their contract is up (I have no idea when that is). D* and Viacom had a bloody negotiation process that resulted in all the Viacom channels being blacked out for a month before it was settled. Hopefully it won't go that way with DISH, but what are the odds?
DISH had the Viacom channels pulled back in 2004 over a dispute. The channels were off DISH for two days.

It's better to have the 3-day AutoHop than have a lawsuit against you, Yes the consumer got a price increase, but at least you got something in return, at least for the college team fans, ESPNU,SEC Network,
Directv is next possibly this year, but the way they played hardball(pun intended) I'm not too sure.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The way I read Moonves remarks, he does not object to autohop delay, but he was not clear why it would not be good enough for him...I doubt he would know the bottom line financials. I chuckled over two of his remarks, the first being "The current ecosystem works very well, but a new way to get paid for your linear content is a good thing if it’s done appropriately.” And, second, regarding Showtime, “I’m not trying to rock the boat, yet. Right now it aint broke.” Whatever you say, Les.

Yes??

ln1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)