DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Now some might call me crazy but,I swear Disney looks better today.:D Did Charlie raise the compression ratio or something?

i think the reason for the channels not launching yet is Dish has to fix everything up for them first, they got to make room for them then test them before launching them. remember when Dish settle their dispute with the AMC Networks, AMC was the only one that returned the same day as the announcement and the others launched weeks later. this is what Dish is doing now with the channels that haven't launched yet on Dish.

Last edited:
2MOxflW.gif

Nope... too easy...
You still not over about the Fiesta Bowl? :)

Don't they go to BCS bowls every year? Did that one make a big difference?
Boise State had only made it to 2 total BCS bowl games............ That game changed how non-AQ teams were seen as. I will admit, that 2006 BSU schedule was terrible....and no one thought they would put up a fight against the Sooners. That's why the term David and Goliath was used so much during the buildup of this game.

...they got to make room for them then test them before launching them.
How do they "make room" ? They've either got the room or they don't.

On a related note, are there any "hidden" channels still uplinked but unavailable to the masses that could be various Disney/ESPN channels just waiting to be toggled 'on' ?

How do they "make room" ? They've either got the room or they don't.

On a related note, are there any "hidden" channels still uplinked but unavailable to the masses that could be various Disney/ESPN channels just waiting to be toggled 'on' ?

There were 8 just a few weeks ago.I think it's more to do with the contract,it probably doesn't kick in until the first of April.

I am wondering which package each channel will be in especially in terms of America's Top/Smart Pack packages (I do not believe any are in Smart/Welcome Pack), Dish Latino packages (I believe Disney XD has been a SAP channel in some of the lower tiers for quite some time although the Disney East and West feeds along with the American ESPNs (except U which is not available at all to DL subs) are in DL Max), and Dish America packages.

Currently:

ESPN (HD) -- AT 120/DL Max/DA

ESPN 2 (HD) -- AT 120/DL Max/DA

ESPN U (HD soon according to press release) -- AT 120/currently not in DL/currently not in DL/currently not in DA

ESPNews (HD soon according to press release)-- AT 120/DL Max/currently not in DA

ESPN Deportes -- currently not in AT/ DL Clasico or DL Bonus Pack/ currently not in DA

ABC Family (HD soon according to press release)--AT 120/DL Max/currently not in DA

Disney East (HD soon according to press release? Unconfirmed which feed(s)/assuming East)-- AT 120/ DL Max/currently not in DA

Disney West (HD???--Press release says Disney Channel in HD--unconfirmed which feed(s)--assuming East in HD)-AT 120/ DL Max/currently not in DA

Disney XD (HD feed soon?--not confirmed in press release--maybe left out knowing Dish's past errors on site) -- AT 200/DL Clasico or DL Bonus
Pack/currently not in DA

*ESPN Classic (currently in MultiSport)-- to be reintroduced as a video-on-demand channel

New additions/Predictions

Disney Junior: AT 200? -- Initially supposed to be considered the replacement channel of SoapNet although SoapNet stayed longer than expected--was in AT 200

Longhorn Network --MultiSport? Or AT 120+?

SEC Network --MultiSport? Or AT 120+?

Fusion -- AT 200?-- Some replaced SoapNet with this channel

ESPN Goal Line

ESPN Buzzer Beater

**DISH subs with ESPN and ESPN Deportes will have access to the live and video-on-demand channel ESPN3.

***ABC Family, Disney Channel, ESPN and ESPN2 will be part of an Internet delivered, IP-based multichannel offering from Dish.

****In terms of the Dish America packages, I wonder if Dish is reinstating them due to the deal. Turbo HD Bronze (what DA once was) included Disney East HD, ESPNews HD and ABC Family HD. I wonder if Disney (West) will be included as Cartoon Network (West) is included although it is currently only in SD. Turbo HD Silver (what DA Silver once was) had Disney XD HD.

***** On Demand/Watch apps

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)