DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Interesting reading over on the Direct side of forums, while I think when it's all said and done Direct will also have a deal that will include SEC, I have never seen so any posts with "leave for Dish" while it's very early for Direct subs, who would have ever thought sports fans would leave to get other sports for Dish :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Interesting reading over on the Direct side of forums, while I think when it's all said and done Direct will also have a deal that will include SEC, I have never seen so any posts with "leave for Dish" while it's very early for Direct subs, who would have ever thought sports fans would leave to get other sports for Dish :)

That just goes to show that all providers have the same problems. The grass is not always greener with a different provider.

That just goes to show that all providers have the same problems. The grass is not always greener with a different provider.

Very true, and I do think when it's all set, Direct tv would have SEC as well

DIRECTV's PAC-12 fans have been thinking about that for a while now.

As much as I hate to say it, Les is just being a good business man. He has to go into negotiations with something to compromise on. Dish and CBS most probably will agree to something similar to Disney, but they have to mwr in the middle.

DIRECTV's PAC-12 fans have been thinking about that for a while now.

Yes, have noticed for awhile now there are some vocal posters. (Can you be vocal and be posting? lol) There is one big thing, one smaller thing, and one thing not going to change that keep DISH from, and I can't believe I am saying this - at the least right there with Direct TV and maybe surpassing it for Sports.
The big thing is 24HR RSN's in HD. If they could get every game, on time in HD it might not be such a problem. Smaller thing is not carrying the NY RSN's and may be missing one or two that Direct has, though I'm not sure Direct carries them all anymore either. And the one that is not going to change is NFL Sunday Ticket and a lesser one EI. (EI for my money is better online anyway) If DISH could solve the 24HR HD RSN's it would put them in the arena of Direct.

That is why I said way back never underestimate the passion of college football fans. We are the ones that travel to away games and go to bowl games. So leaving a provider is no problem at all. I waited for Dish to get a deal with Big Ten Network before I jumped. I know quite a few who would have left if that deal fell through.

So I know SEC fans will say bye bye in a heartbeat. I don't like their conference but I love their games at night and their fans passion.

That is why I said way back never underestimate the passion of college football fans. We are the ones that travel to away games and go to bowl games. So leaving a provider is no problem at all. I waited for Dish to get a deal with Big Ten Network before I jumped. I know quite a few who would have left if that deal fell through.

So I know SEC fans will say bye bye in a heartbeat. I don't like their conference but I love their games at night and their fans passion.

I know what you're saying, don't mess with die hard sports fans. I don't get too worked up because I'm either going to the game myself or I know I can just go to a friends or the bar to watch.

I believe there have been reports of cat/skunk fusions but I don't think anything commercially profitable has come from them.:D:D

Yep. "Commercial fusion power is 30 years away, and has been for the past 60 years."

We'll see if the Skunks come forth with it in the next few years.

See that video of little girls playing with baby skunks, thinking they were kittens? :D

I know what you're saying, don't mess with die hard sports fans. I don't get too worked up because I'm either going to the game myself or I know I can just go to a friends or the bar to watch.

I don't get to worked up either but I have to have access to my Buckeyes for away games. We have season tickets for home games and we go to bowl games. Yea I would leave over that. I know a lot of people could give two craps about sports but for me its always been Family, Country and The Ohio State Buckeyes! lol

There are a lot of sports fans, and there probably will always be a lot of sports fans. The beauty of the system is that everyone has a different team...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)