DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I think you will see more of the niche channels being on demand and streaming only in the future. The TV board in the UK just announced their intentions to take BBC 3 off of OTA broadcasting and make it an internet only channel. The thinking is what popularity these channel have is with younger viewers who tend to watch most things on tablets or streaming services

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but there's no point to espn news in HD these days. When dish lost it, it had extra bars for specific stats. Now its like watching sports center 24/7. Too me the room could be used elsewhere.

I agree. With the amount of time that SportsCenter is on the regular ESPN channel I never feel the need to watch ESPNnews. They could drop the channel altogether and it wouldn't bother me much.

Yea ESPNnews in HD is a waste.But there are a few occasions when they air a game.It still boggles my mind that Dish is so hard pressed for space though.Trim back some ppv channels,hurry up the swap,or better yet,get another sat in orbit.

angry-homer.gif

Rey, watch this all the way through... but replace the work SONG with THREAD. :D (And make sure you watch it all the way through!) :D :D

Last edited:
I can't believe that I'm saying this, but there's no point to espn news in HD these days. When dish lost it, it had extra bars for specific stats. Now its like watching sports center 24/7. Too me the room could be used elsewhere.

I felt the same way until I looked at the guide and found that when the other main channels have game programming on SportsCenter is usually on news. Also, other programming like 30 for 30s, Olbermann, SportsNation, etc. are often replayed there throughout the day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)