This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

According to a few published reports only a few months. It has also been reported that the last time they took almost a year for ESPN negotiations. So these ones could last for awhile.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks Scott! I had no idea that these negotiations could take that long!

Again, I'll repeat. ESPN U was never in HD on Dish. So no one ever subbed to Dish because they thought they would get that as part of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

What about statements and advertisements such as this.

We are adding new and HD channels all the time
Dish the leader in HD

I don't think it would be fair to assume Dish would never get espnu in hd.Most subs new or old,have no clue about the Disney and Dish dispute.So I'm sure some think when they subscribe,no espnu in HD,ahh they'll have it SOON.Pun intended.

Unless the advertisements specifically said "coming soon ESPN U in HD" those subs that assumed that did so at their own risk.

Unless the advertisements specifically said "coming soon ESPN U in HD" those subs that assumed that did so at their own risk.

Agreed. I recently looked into signing up for dish and the first thing I saw looking at the Channel list was the lack of several HD channels that I knew dish had back when I was an installer. Anytime who subs to a new service without seeing if the channels they want are avaliableis responsible for their own mistakes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using SatelliteGuys

Sure they did,just as they are also at risk of losing channels at anytime.Again,I maintain that most subs would assume that a certain channel will eventually be in HD,or added at some point.I'm sure there are dtv subs that assume that PAC12 will be added at some point too.Espnu is a pretty popular channel,so I wouldn't think it being added in HD is a far stretch,in most folks minds.

So I guess they are responsible when channels get dropped too.You never know with tv providers.One may have said channel when you sign up,but gone by the time you get it installed.

So I guess they are responsible when channels get dropped too.You never know with tv providers.One may have said channel when you sign up,but gone by the time you get it installed.

If a channel gets dropped, it's a legitimate gripe. Complaining about something not being added to justify being excuses from an ETF is not. Obviously, this distinction is my opinion and others don't have to agree with it.

Never said anything about getting out of an ETF.I see no harm in a paying customer complaining about a channel not being in the lineup though.It would be interesting to have some stats on how many times espnu hd has been requested to Dish.

Never said anything about getting out of an ETF.I see no harm in a paying customer complaining about a channel not being in the lineup though.It would be interesting to have some stats on how many times espnu hd has been requested to Dish.

And how many times that request was from the same 3 or 4 people

Wow. Espnu has been part of at bundles. Yes it's not in hd but you can still watch it. I have ask requested dish to move some channels to my sub package. I will accept sd channel if they decide to move it to my sub package.

For me the reason of ESPNU not being in HD all this time is the BS issue. You expect it to prob hit and it is then the year 2009 which all of a sudden a pissing match between them just yanks a bunch of other HD channels so the notion of ESPNU coming in HD just goes out the window. So doesn't matter if it was never in HD or not this fact alone is enough to call the whole situation lame when we are now in 2013 - a year in which IMO all channels should be in HD!!!

Sure they did,just as they are also at risk of losing channels at anytime.Again,I maintain that most subs would assume that a certain channel will eventually be in HD,or added at some point.

I assumed FearNet HD would have been added by now...

Yep, it was BS that Disney took advantage of a loophole in the contract.

According to a few published reports only a few months. It has also been reported that the last time they took almost a year for ESPN negotiations. So these ones could last for awhile.

So basically, the negotiations started sometime after the lawsuit was decided in court.

There some are channels I don't expect DISH to have, but yes in general many channels are expected to be added. I agree with the HD part of your post. I expect what they do have that are available in HD to be in HD, Soon™.