DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Got to remember, the autohop technology allows for other things, such as tailored commercials. May be some of that going on.

looks like Dish's deal with Disney to extend the current contract as they negotiate the new long-term deal might be until ether Dec 1 or at the end of the year where it would make more sense so the new contract starts as soon as the new year starts.
Curious as to why you think the first of the year makes more sense than any other time.

If a deal falls through,I wonder how much it will cost Dish for the grace period?I would imagine it would be for full asking price from Disney.Of course that would lead to another long drawn out lawsuit.

Curious as to why you think the first of the year makes more sense than any other time.
Well, like a wedding anniversary, it is best to keep important dates as simple as possible, so you don't forget them. ;)

I'd rather see Disney and ESPN go away. Give great leverage to DTV and cablecos and be good for us in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They're waiting for Bowl Week to pull the plug.

I doubt that.If they wanted to get the most attention,now would be the time to do it.College football Thursday,Friday,and Saturday,Nascar,MNF,plus college BB is starting up.Talk about getting a bunch of subscribers in a tizzy.That would sure do it.That's why i lean towards a deal getting done,the only question that remains is how much it will cost.I'm sure Charlie doesn't want to give up autohop,come too far to back down now.

Autohop has other features. That may be the point of discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I doubt that.If they wanted to get the most attention,now would be the time to do it.College football Thursday,Friday,and Saturday,Nascar,MNF,plus college BB is starting up.Talk about getting a bunch of subscribers in a tizzy.That would sure do it.That's why i lean towards a deal getting done,the only question that remains is how much it will cost.I'm sure Charlie doesn't want to give up autohop,come too far to back down now.

If they did it during college football bowl week, that's when the college basketball starts conference play, the bowl games are on every day for over a week, BCS games as well as the championship are all on ESPN and MNF is still going with playoff implications. You want to get people in a tizzy, turn off the channels when their teams are playing the most important games of the year.

No way does ESPN take a chance of messing with ratings or their sponsorship during Capital One bowl week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts