DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Sounds like when this deal is done (thinking positive) that it could be a difference maker, just thinking of some of the digital rights potential

Last edited:
What are you talking about, their movie divison is very profitable, they are number 3 at the box office in the us this year with 1.1 billion dollars of tickets sold and they still have Thor and Frozen yet to come, wordwide they are number 2 with over 3 billion dollars in tickets sold, just behind Warner as of now, the only big flop they had was The Lone Ranger and that still made $217 million worldwide.

Those movies also provide a lot of $$$ because of Merchandising, Home Video, deals with Netflix, etc, etc.
Disney was born by animation, and will continue to thrive thusly, despite their live action setbacks.

And/but...here is the ironic tidbit. Disney looks to be at the cusp of an Oscar win, for a movie about Disney (Walt) for "Saving Mr. Banks". Despite popular opinion about the company, I hope this movie does well...and no doubt it will...a story nobody knew they would die to see.

Disney owns Star Wars now, regardless of the last 3 movies, it is a money printing machine. Disney as a whole made a profit in a year they paid 4 billion dollars for Star Wars, they aren't ever going to hurt for money.

Its too bad the CEO of the Disney/ESPN corporation didn't predict a deal with dish..maybe if the president of ESPN had better communications with his boss

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Disney studio operations made 108M on revenues of 1.5B last quarter, up 35% from the previous year. The company net income was 1.4B on revenue of 11.5B. Look at the financials yourself. The margins in the studio are low and they're making it up elsewhere. They can sell all of the tickets in the world but it doesn't mean anything if it doesn't transfer to the bottom line.

Disney also now owns Marvel. http://screenrant.com/disney-marvel-deal-2-pauly-23687/
“We believe that adding Marvel to Disney’s unique portfolio of brands provides significant opportunities for long-term growth and value creation. The acquisition of Marvel offers us a similar opportunity to advance our strategy and to build a business that is stronger than the sum of its parts. [These shows are] right in the wheelhouse for boys.”

Someone mentioned Night Court?

ENCORE CLASSIC Replaces ENCORE LOVE
A new addition to the ENCORE HD channel portfolio, ENCORE CLASSIC will be a favorite for the Baby Boomer set, with a mix of generational evergreen movie favorites and classic TV series. Leveraging the deep and broad ENCORE movie library of new release and favorite hits, ENCORE CLASSIC will add TV hits, “Murphy Brown,” “Magnum, P.I.,” and “Night Court” to its programming slate. Classic movie titles will air every night with a new favorite every day of the month at 9PM ET/PT. Films include Kramer vs. Kramer, American Graffiti, Independence Day, Breaking Away, Stand By Me, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, Good Will Hunting, Tootsie, Basic Instinct, The Notebook, and more.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...changes-new-tv-series-movie-offerings/214748/

Its too bad the CEO of the Disney/ESPN corporation didn't predict a deal with dish..maybe if the president of ESPN had better communications with his boss

At this time, how is the President of ESPN wrong?

No deal. (Lol)

He said there would be a deal. So he is right unless there is no new deal and channels are pulled. Never did I see him say it would be by any deadline. The deal IS done as long as the channels are not pulled. (Not pulling the channels is a deal, final deal is the contract)

(nothing to do with you Juan) As a reminder, here is just one of some idiots who profess to know what is happening. Note they said by September, we are now almost two weeks into November.
http://www.tvpredictions.com/tv091713.htm

He said there would be a deal. So he is right unless there is no new deal and channels are pulled. Never did I see him say it would be by any deadline. The deal IS done as long as the channels are not pulled. (Not pulling the channels is a deal, final deal is the contract)

(nothing to do with you Juan) As a reminder, here is just one of some idiots who profess to know what is happening. Note they said by September, we are now almost two weeks into November.
http://www.tvpredictions.com/tv091713.htm

BS. There is no deal ..don't be delusional.. charlie will pull the channels to save face when he caves in

BS. There is no deal ..don't be delusional.. charlie will pull the channels to save face when he caves in

You must have missed the articles that price has been agreed upon. Current hold up is digital rights/distribution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)