DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

If disney/espn/abc get their way we should be getting 3 new channels. ..the sec network disney jr and whatever that third channel is called... Plus all the channels in HD

Does anyone think that any hd or new channels will be left off when an agreement is finally reached

If disney/espn/abc get their way we should be getting 3 new channels. ..the sec network disney jr and whatever that third channel is called... Plus all the channels in HD

Does anyone think that any hd or new channels will be left off when an agreement is finally reached

I wonder if it is truly all channels - for example, would ESPN Deportes be added in HD? Longhorn Network?

Unfortunately at this time just not much in information in regard to channels/HD not HD the only thing is it would appear is that discussion continues since channels are still up.

With the slate of channels involved there is much to negotiate. Might set the tone for future ESPN/Provider discussions

If new channels did occur like longhorn and such, Dish might be a new stop for future customers?

I wonder if it is truly all channels - for example, would ESPN Deportes be added in HD? Longhorn Network?

Hopefully *not* the Longhorn Network - nothing against UofT, but a single school RSN? An incredibly bad idea that needs to die a quick death. Plus the Longhorn Network pushed A&M to the SEC and IMHO will eventually kill the Big XII altogether.

SEC Network is OK (just like the Big Ten and Pac-12 networks are) - as long as you realize that these channels are only going to carry second-tier games and non-revenue sports, so they should not be asking for much money.

BTW, time for another gut check, Scott. Feeling anything yet? :)

Hopefully *not* the Longhorn Network - nothing against UofT, but a single school RSN? An incredibly bad idea that needs to die a quick death. Plus the Longhorn Network pushed A&M to the SEC and IMHO will eventually kill the Big XII altogether. SEC Network is OK (just like the Big Ten and Pac-12 networks are) - as long as you realize that these channels are only going to carry second-tier games and non-revenue sports, so they should not be asking for much money. ... BTW, time for another gut check, Scott. Feeling anything yet? :)

SEC network will have several top games. Football and basketball. ESPN will have the right to put them on any of their networks. They will do this until they feel they have large number of providers carrying the network.

Yup..charlie will get the cheapest possible deal

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I don't think there is any way an agreement is reached without adding HD for at least all of the ESPN/Disney channels that Dish currently carries. It sounds like SEC Network will probably be included too but I can see them leaving Longhorn network off.

Third channel was Fusion.

What about Longhorn Network or ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzzer Beater/ESPN Bases Loaded?

Hope we get the Hd feed of ESPN -U before football ends. Was looking at program guide and saw that ch 168 is still available. Perhaps if, and when a deal goes through they are probably holding that slot for DISNEY JR. My son would love it if Dish can get this channel added.

Third channel was Fusion.

What about Longhorn Network or ESPN Goal Line/ESPN Buzzer Beater/ESPN Bases Loaded?

If I had to guess, I'd say the only way that happens is they increase the price of the multisport package and put them in there.

I'm pretty sure the LHN is in a special package on Uverse and not the base.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My wife hopes we get ESPNU before Duke basketball starts up. I love Clemson but she is from NC so she follows Duke. A lot of their games air on U now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)