DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I predict the autohop feature will have a fee similar to the current DVR fee

If so, it better have a waive out option. There are so few shows on prime time networks that we watch. We never use PTAT or Autohop. I wonder what % of hopper users actually use autohop. Given 15 million Dish customers and the low % that have Hoppers and an even fewer # that use autohop, it seems that not making a deal because of autohop is not smart. Dish must be using the autohop dispute to gain a negotiation advantage or just for publicity. The same is true for Disney. Why fight over so few viewers. It is just a negotiation ploy.

If so, it better have a waive out option. There are so few shows on prime time networks that we watch. We never use PTAT or Autohop. I wonder what % of hopper users actually use autohop. Given 15 million Dish customers and the low % that have Hoppers and an even fewer # that use autohop, it seems that not making a deal because of autohop is not smart. Dish must be using the autohop dispute to gain a negotiation advantage or just for publicity. The same is true for Disney. Why fight over so few viewers. It is just a negotiation ploy.

I agree on the Dish side...why fight it. Autohop is nice but if we didn't have it, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. However, I can see Disney's argument. If Dish keeps it, it is only a matter of time before Direct and cable companies use the technology. Then it is more than a few thousand people ...it turns into millions of people

HTC One

yup you have the option not to lease a hopper

I agree on the Dish side...why fight it. Autohop is nice but if we didn't have it, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. However, I can see Disney's argument. If Dish keeps it, it is only a matter of time before Direct and cable companies use the technology. Then it is more than a few thousand people ...it turns into millions of people

HTC One
they do..its called VOD Video on Demand and it has very few commercials if any..The new ESPN roku ap blocks commercials..yet they sue Dish for doing the same on their network channels..do as i say not as I do

Flawed reasoning. The Hopper is the receiver DISH wants in all homes eventually. I think when the WA is changed over that is what will be installed in homes that get HD. Beyond that, I'm going to guess the same posters that said just give up on the skipping commercials would have said the same for skipping with a DVR, heck, for the DVR itself. The Networks fought that even harder.

ABC Family in HD would be nice this time of the year. I like the 25 days of Christmas... but I admit its probably the only time of the year I watch ABC Family. :D