DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

That sir (mam) is a good question. Perhaps not until the next time the contract comes up for that affiliate. If that's the only reason you have DISH you might as well just switch now then, because waiting 3 days is almost certainly going to be the norm for all channels at some point when contracts come around.

So announcement specifies "ABC owned stations" will have to wait for 3 days for Autohop. If my local ABC station is an affiliate, privately owned, does that mean I still get Autohop the first night, or am I reading this wrong?
Since I don't watch sports or have small kids, most of this isn't a big deal, but I upgraded to the Hopper for Autohop & I'll be reconsidering my choices if things are being changed.

I would have to think that it applies to all ABC prime time programming.

So announcement specifies "ABC owned stations" will have to wait for 3 days for Autohop. If my local ABC station is an affiliate, privately owned, does that mean I still get Autohop the first night, or am I reading this wrong?
Since I don't watch sports or have small kids, most of this isn't a big deal, but I upgraded to the Hopper for Autohop & I'll be reconsidering my choices if things are being changed.

Interesting question... Although it covers the largest markets with O&O stations, what will Dish do with the other markets? Somehow I suspect the delay in Autohop will be all ABC markets.

Come on Peggy, you know their are more selling points to the Hopper than AH. And, you only watch ABC?

Just saying there may be selling points, but my 2 hoppers are still not fully integrated, & after 2 yrs the update time never has been addressed - & without the $5 temporary discount, Hoppers do cost more. Autohop was keeping me with Dish, so next year might have to make changes if features start changing.

I'll have to admit, I'm glad the Hoppers aren't integrated. At first
I was bummed because I thought they were "half-assing" it. But I'm thankful every time I press the DVR button that "My" Hopper isn't filled with Teen Mom and the Kardashians...

I think we should be happy with both Dish and Disney. They didn't pull any of that fighting BS during the college football season. No blackouts no scrolling. That would have been the time to do it too. So kudos to them, Scott and this thread. It was fun!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Again, not according to the SEC Network which should know. "Sources say" is basically crap. Only Dish, ESPN and the SEC know. http://www.getsecnetwork.com/. We may get it anyway, but lets sign the petition which might increase our chances if enough Dish customers request it..

As to cost going up, from $49 (annual) a year to $132 (monthly only now) a year in a few years is way out of line. As to redzone, if this is the main reason (or the excuse), break it out separately as an option. My brain is not flakely enough to jump around just as I am getting interested in a game. I prefer actual games to watch and redzone is an exceptionally poor substitute. BTW, NFL audiopass will give you a radio alternative to getting the actual games for $20 a season (last season). I did drop the Dish sports package last year after having had it for a dozen or so years.

As to Watch ESPN, this ESPN thread has been going on for a long time and football season is over and college basketball well past the half way point.

Sorry to excite you Dish apologizers. Hope they pay you well or else get a life.

As I tried to explain DISH will have the SEC from the start as officially announced tonight. (Along with apparently most all ESPN networks) They actually may have two conferences available that Direct TV will not for awhile. It was widely known in the industry DISH was going to carry it, but during negotiations it can't be officially acknowledged, the site you kept referring to not withstanding it really was a done deal simply pending the full contract agreement.

No biggie for me either way, never use PTAT, auto hop or watch ABC/ESPN/Disney. Who cares.
Make a package without them and lower my bill.

The most exciting part of all of this to me is the Watch apps. Now I will be able to get all the ESPN and Disney channels live and on demand with my Apple TV. That's going to be really nice when college football and Monday Night Football come back this fall.

The buzzer beater and goal line ch I believe are one ch...excited to see the on demand stuff and the watch espn stuff as well

Very excited and can't wait to see these ch lit up !!!

Gotta say I'm thrilled to see this news...the 3 day auto hop is no big deal...like others said if I want to watch a show I'll just do it manually...if not on the third day I'll hop

Love pretty much everything I have seen so far...now waiting on uplink !!!

I've said since Day 1 that Auto-Hop was implemented to create leverage with content providers, it seems to have worked in this case. 3 days is no big deal. As a retailer I love Auto-Hop, but many potential customers get confused thinking that they can't FF through commercials on all the other programming, or they think it is no different than what they currently do when fast-forwarding through commercials with their current providers. We can usually spot them a mile away, but it's funny how many don't grasp the concept right out of the gate.

This means I get watch watchespn using my Roku/Apple TV using Dish login credentials right? I dont see any dates mentioned on when this goes in to effect...sooner will be great. Waited soooo long...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)