Dish realignment

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
The recent windstorms appear to have moved my dishes. I have lost 77 completely (wing dish). I haven't noticed any dropout on the other channels but am only getting a signal of 20-30 on 2 of the other 3 satellites. Is it common for dish to send someone to fix this or should I climb on the roof and try to adjust them back myself?

It'll probably cost $100 unless you have DHPP and then it'll be $29. Since you only need a minor adjustment, there isn't any reason to not attempt it yourself if you feel comfortable in doing so. I take a portable TV and a receiver with me for the signal strength meter. Gently flex the antenna and watch the signal strength change to see which direction in needs to be moved. Barely loosen the nuts so that movement remains stiff. Adjust to get desired signal strength and retighten nuts. If you don't like roofs or ladders, by all means sign up for DHHP and call a tech.

My 77 wing dish also moved during the storm and picked up 72 instead of 77, the two are really close to each other. If yours did this, move a tiny bit to the right, if not seeing any signal instead, move a bit to the left.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts