DISH really steps up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Give credit when credit is due, this is not a situation where dish deserves credit for saving a situation.

The OP seems to disagree with your statement here, and it is good to get a feel good post from time to time, even if it only lasts a moment before someone acts like a "negative nancy".

Reactions: BBCInc
"The squeaky wheel get the grease."
"I'm speaking now for the first time in my life because up until now the soup was good."

Like the OP, I had a good experience with Dish when trying to cancel. We have been with Dish since 1998, but I am now retired and we wanted to cut our costs by going with the local phone company for TV. We have phone and internet through them now, and they have a DVR of similar capacity and features to the 722K we have from Dish. Everyone in our area is happy with the phone company's TV service.

I called Dish to cancel. After Indian CSR offered $5 per month discount (not helpful), I was transferred to the US for disconnect. The CSR offered us $45 off of our bill per month for 10 months, which I accepted. When I asked what happens in 10 months, the CSR said, "We'll work with you." Overall, I saved about $4 per month over what I would pay with local phone company for everything.

Is there a point when the "new customer" promos will be less attractive because of all of the "why can't existing customers get new customer pricing?" rants that lead to threats to cancel and DISH forking out big discounts to stay? Consider that DISH has fixed costs and operates on a fairly low profit margin for a major corporation and you wonder how long they can do it. I'm thinking they have a certain figure budgeted to this and that they try not to bend too far for everyone and realize that most people will just pay whatever their bill is. D* offers $200 gift cards for people to sign up with them. Do they give them to every existing customer that calls and says, "I want the new customer gift card?"

Is there a point when the "new customer" promos will be less attractive because of all of the "why can't existing customers get new customer pricing?" rants that lead to threats to cancel and DISH forking out big discounts to stay? Consider that DISH has fixed costs and operates on a fairly low profit margin for a major corporation and you wonder how long they can do it. I'm thinking they have a certain figure budgeted to this and that they try not to bend too far for everyone and realize that most people will just pay whatever their bill is. D* offers $200 gift cards for people to sign up with them. Do they give them to every existing customer that calls and says, "I want the new customer gift card?"
Well, if you wonder so much about it, call and find out.

Reactions: pattykay
Dish offered a HD receiver to replace that last one that wasn't HD as offer for me to stay, it fell through the cracks over 2 months while I was told "it has been shipped"... finally 3rd month and call and find out a technician has to come out and do it. THEN, without my permission, or any discussion of it, they change my longtime billing address... by the time I caught it, was behind on billing. I call and they say "we will send bill to proper address, sorry, we shouldn't have changed that address.." On December 23rd I got a screen saying we are about to be cut off, I call customer service where they insist I pay with c card over phone, told them I was told I would have time by mail billing, and I didn't want to put on business credit card, they insist, so I tell the guy I will pay, and hang up and file a complaint with FCC... he backs up and says I can have a week's extension and they will "waive the late fee.." (thanks a lot after not billing the proper address for 2 billing cycles). I get bill paid the next week.
Receive January billing, which shows $7 late fee waived, but a $9 fee for a week's extension! I called and asked them if this is how they wanted to do business after THEY screwed up my billing address without any direction from me to change the address. They agreed no, and said they would waive the $9 fee, and I asked what else they wanted to do make this aggravation easier? She stumbled around and asked about what "movie channels you watch"... I could tell this wasn't going much of anywhere... told her I would take care of it with FCC... filed a complaint. How insane... change someone's billing address, tell them it's okay, then threaten to turn it off, then waive a $7 late fee only to add a $9 extension fee...

Dish offered a HD receiver to replace that last one that wasn't HD as offer for me to stay, it fell through the cracks over 2 months while I was told "it has been shipped"... finally 3rd month and call and find out a technician has to come out and do it. THEN, without my permission, or any discussion of it, they change my longtime billing address... by the time I caught it, was behind on billing. I call and they say "we will send bill to proper address, sorry, we shouldn't have changed that address.." On December 23rd I got a screen saying we are about to be cut off, I call customer service where they insist I pay with c card over phone, told them I was told I would have time by mail billing, and I didn't want to put on business credit card, they insist, so I tell the guy I will pay, and hang up and file a complaint with FCC... he backs up and says I can have a week's extension and they will "waive the late fee.." (thanks a lot after not billing the proper address for 2 billing cycles). I get bill paid the next week.
Receive January billing, which shows $7 late fee waived, but a $9 fee for a week's extension! I called and asked them if this is how they wanted to do business after THEY screwed up my billing address without any direction from me to change the address. They agreed no, and said they would waive the $9 fee, and I asked what else they wanted to do make this aggravation easier? She stumbled around and asked about what "movie channels you watch"... I could tell this wasn't going much of anywhere... told her I would take care of it with FCC... filed a complaint. How insane... change someone's billing address, tell them it's okay, then threaten to turn it off, then waive a $7 late fee only to add a $9 extension fee...
Ouch. What a mess. I went through a similar billing nightmare a long time ago with a bill that got "lost" in the mail. It's been so long ago I can't remember who it was, maybe AT&T when I had their cell service.

Never again, once I switched all my accounts to paperless billing and autopay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts