Dish receivers randomly disconnecting --- no bad weather (or being “blocked” yadda, yadda, yadda...)

BnT.atl

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 16, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hello all ... (and hopefully DIRT is listening ...)

I have used Dish for 16 years now ... current boxes are vip722 and vip 211k...

There has not been any bad weather in this area over the last week (just north of Atlanta, GA) but there have been two instances over four days where I have turned on the tv and found that the receivers have gone off-line overnight and the 722 gets “hung up” on the acquiring signal screen ... it shows the full bars but just sits there and the 211 just displays the “complete signal loss” screen until I unplug and reset the 722 ...

This has happened twice now and I am afraid it will continue ... seems very odd... could the actual Dish on the roof be begining to malfunction or is it one of the two receivers ... (???)

Thanks to any who reply...
Big and Tall Ray in the AtL

Hello all ... (and hopefully DIRT is listening ...)

I have used Dish for 16 years now ... current boxes are vip722 and vip 211k...

There has not been any bad weather in this area over the last week (just north of Atlanta, GA) but there have been two instances over four days where I have turned on the tv and found that the receivers have gone off-line overnight and the 722 gets “hung up” on the acquiring signal screen ... it shows the full bars but just sits there and the 211 just displays the “complete signal loss” screen until I unplug and reset the 722 ...

This has happened twice now and I am afraid it will continue ... seems very odd... could the actual Dish on the roof be begining to malfunction or is it one of the two receivers ... (???)

Thanks to any who reply...
Big and Tall Ray in the AtL

Will you please send me a PM with your phone number or account number? I also think it would be best to have a tech come out.

Thanks for the reply ... I will look into that ... (but nothing "blocking it" really ... we have actually had trees cut down plus it's "Fall") ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)