Dish Reflector Size

That’s because it is a 500+ dish. That would do you no good considering it won’t get 129...
Does this 500+ dish look black to you? I have never seen a black one. Wonder if the 129 LNB with a bracket can be attached to the other LNBs?

If I were you, I would not forgo your 1000+ for a 500+ of any color, if afterwards you have to add a wing dish for 118.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If I were you, I would not forgo your 1000+ for a 500+ of any color, if afterwards you have to add a wing dish for 118.

I wonder if the 1000+ and 500+ reflectors are identical! The measurements are at least the same. I kind of don't want a wing dish again. When I joined DISH in 2007 I had to have five sats for everything I wanted. My wing dish was 61.5. This was because there was one lonely channel that I wanted that was on 61.5 only and the HD locals in the St Louis at the time were on 118.7. So that called for a 1000+ dish at the time. Since then the one lonely channel I wanted is no longer on 61.5 so I go rid of my wing dish when we had a new roof installed. Here is an old pic. The little tiny satellite antenna is for Sirius Radio.

Attachments

• All Antennas.JPG
    All Antennas.JPG
    250.2 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: TheKrell
According to NYDutch in post #2, they are indeed the same size. I think the only difference is the additional LNB for 129. But if you need international channels in the future, you need that gnarly one that receives both 118 and 119 at the same time.

It is not clear to me what change your tech is proposing. Color change on the dish only? LNB change as well? No longer have access to 118 except with wing dish?

According to NYDutch in post #2, they are indeed the same size.
So if the bolt hole patterns are the same I would think it should work. Unless there is some kind of angle bend difference between the two reflectors. Maybe HipKat might know since he works with lots of Western Arc dishes.

Reactions: TheKrell
It is not clear to me what change your tech is proposing. Color change on the dish only? LNB change as well? No longer have access to 118 except with wing dish?
My goal is to keep the same LNBs with a new reflector. And it would be super if it is black. My present reflector is all faded so looks like a Direct dish. Can't have that. Very unpleasant to look at while sitting at the pool having a beer! :confused::coco

Last edited:
Does this 500+ dish look black to you? I have never seen a black one. Wonder if the 129 LNB with a bracket can be attached to the other LNBs?
You guys are making this too hard. The 500+/1000+ international dish reflectors are black and have been for some years and that DPP500+ with the DP Dual on the attached sidecar would get the 129. For your Hopper 3, just run 4 lines from all 4 outputs (3 on the DPP500+ and 1 on the DP Dual) to your 42 Switch

Dish 1000.2 19"H x 24"W
Dish 1000.4 20.8"H x 22.3"W....

And if they only kept the 1k4 reception would be a dream. But since the 1k2 is cheaper, and unfortunately not really made for a triple pick up, as per several long gone Field Supervisors, well as the 1k4. We suffer. That's why I went back to my two dish set up. Got tired of Rain, Snow Fade and unexplained drop outs. OH and techs saying they could dial it in so far. Plus it's easier to find my house. The one that looks like an NSA listening station.
DishesTower0918.jpg

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

And if they only kept the 1k4 reception would be a dream. But since the 1k2 is cheaper, and unfortunately not really made for a triple pick up, as per several long gone Field Supervisors, well as the 1k4. We suffer. That's why I went back to my two dish set up. Got tired of Rain, Snow Fade and unexplained drop outs. OH and techs saying they could dial it in so far. Plus it's easier to find my house. The one that looks like an NSA listening station.

WOW, looks nice. Thanks for the pic.

Reactions: SandFarmer
You guys are making this too hard. The 500+/1000+ international dish reflectors are black and have been for some years and that DPP500+ with the DP Dual on the attached sidecar would get the 129. For your Hopper 3, just run 4 lines from all 4 outputs (3 on the DPP500+ and 1 on the DP Dual) to your 42 Switch
WOW, I sure did not know the 500+ dish is black now. The 1000+ setup that Dish Depot sells is gray unless the pic is not correct. I hope that contractor comes today and swaps out my reflector. This is getting exciting.

https://store.dishdepot.com/dish-1000-plus-dish-assembly-for-4-satellites

https://store.dishdepot.com/dish-500-plus-dish-assembly-for-3-satellites-

I would say it is an old pic. I will contact Mark at Dish Depot and ask him. Can you take another look at the Skew Plate in the 500+ dish? It look likes is has an elevation adjustment rod that I have seen in the 1K4 dish. Do you know by any chance?

https://store.dishdepot.com/dish-500-plus-dish-assembly-for-3-satellites-
It does not have the rod like the 1000.4 does. And in case it wasn't clear, the 500+ and 1000+ dish is the exact same. You're essentially turning the 500+ into a 1000+ by adding a dp dual lnb to hit the 129 sat.

It does not have the rod like the 1000.4 does. And in case it wasn't clear, the 500+ and 1000+ dish is the exact same. You're essentially turning the 500+ into a 1000+ by adding a dp dual lnb to hit the 129 sat.
OK, thanks. I sure hope that DISH contractor doesn't let me down. He is suppose to come today and install the black reflector.

Reactions: osumike