dish remote access app for Curve 8530?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
So, my HTC evo bit the dust(fell in the pool) and I was forced to get my trusty curve 8530 to replace it until I can upgrade my phone in september.

Dish remote access quickly became one of the apps that I simply could not live without on my evo. I went to the dish site and it says that the 8520 IS supported but not the 8530? what gives? the 8520 is an EDGE device while the 8530 is its 3g cdma counterpart.

I got the beta email and I had no luck at all since the browser said my device isn't supported

can I load a jar file manually and get it to work somehow?

thanks

As you stated, the 8530 is not supported for use with our Remote Access service. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. I do not know if this device will be added in the future to our supported list. If you have any other questions, we are here to assist you.

Symbol said:
So, my HTC evo bit the dust(fell in the pool) and I was forced to get my trusty curve 8530 to replace it until I can upgrade my phone in september.

Dish remote access quickly became one of the apps that I simply could not live without on my evo. I went to the dish site and it says that the 8520 IS supported but not the 8530? what gives? the 8520 is an EDGE device while the 8530 is its 3g cdma counterpart.

I got the beta email and I had no luck at all since the browser said my device isn't supported

can I load a jar file manually and get it to work somehow?

thanks

Call Sprint and ask them if they'll let you upgrade early. Always worth the try.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the SatelliteGuys App

Haven't tried but I'm not sure if I should ask them.

I was a sprint premier customer before the policy changed in early 2011 making me upgrade my main line every 2 years instead of 1 year like I had it before this change occurred.
Sprint decided to push back my upgrade date that was on 9/2011 to 9/2012, I ranted about it for like half an hour with a supervisor and he promised that he would apply credits when I upgraded this year to match the regular upgrade price.

Rather just wait it out and see, for DRA I'm just using my laptop during lunch breaks, the good thing about this is it saves me battery :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts