DISH Remote Access Comes to the iPad

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got a note from DISH that DISH Remote Access is now available for the iPad from the App Store.

Also got word that live TV Viewing for the iPad will be available later this summer. :)

Below is what DRA looks like on the iPad.

Attachments

• remote control 1.jpg
    remote control 1.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 395
The description of the app in the App Store does not mention compatibility with the 922. Does anyone know if it will work with the 922? Thanks.

I've had it for about a week. It works well. I can't wait until they get the remote viewing working as the quality on the ipod app on the ipad sucks.

Not really on topic, but is there an update on when the Slingbox Adapter will be released (and any idea on its price)?

Last edited:
I've just installed this but everytime I launch it it crashes after a few seconds. (it gets to "Initializing..." then just crashes to the home screen)

Anybody have this problem? :(

I've reinstalled it, restarted the iPad, upgraded iPad to 3.2.1, etc...

I've just reformatted the whole iPad (erasing around 50 applications) and it still has the same problem.

What can be causing this?

It works on my iPad that I got as a birthday present. As far as I,am concerned it is a piece of junk. Most programs crash. I do not understand why app.e did not have 500K memory on it.

In bovember when ios4 is released I heard a rumor to the effect that a new iPad will be out with front facing camera and 512k of memory for face time that may be the unit I get and give this back to my wife? Well I guess when she reads this I will be sleeping in our back yard.

Ps I typed this on a iPad

It is already possible with the sling app

Possible yes...easy, no! The interface does not work as designed. You have to screw around with the onscreen virtual remote and painstakingly navigate to your recordings. Very disappointed to-date with this feature, as that's why I got the 922 and it's a PITA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)