dish remote access for android?

Dish Remote Access is working fine for me using Firefox 2.0 running on a (are you sitting down?) Windows98 computer. I can't get my Android app to log in either, but that may not be surprising since my Sling Adapter doesn't arrive until Monday. ;)

Your one of the few lucky ones. The market place is filled with people with the same problems. Also the ghosted out the playback on dishes site. This is a really lame release. Fortunately I have the sling app that works pretty well. But once again dish disappoints with this sling crap.

My Android app is logging in, finally. Now all I need is my Sling Adapter, which was sent 2nd (business) day air and won't get here until Monday.

Finally started logging in here too.

Setting up the DVR, deleting shows, looking for shows to watch on the DVR a TON better than the Sling app for Android which you had to remote control the DVR which took forever.

Dislikes:

Video quality looks quite a bit poorer.
Manipulating the 922 is about 10 times slower than the sling media app. :(
Aspect ratio still really crappy especially on the Sprint EVO. Fill the screen Dish!!!

Ok so it's still not working for me. I can log in finally, and I can watch live TV by going to the grid. However, anytime I try to access my DVR menu and watch a recorded show it tells me "Request failed - error unknown". Anyone have any ideas?

Works good. But not full screen HD on my EVO! Fix It Dish!!!

Also TV1 stays on after I log off. What the?!?!

It's full screen on the Epic...and I believe the screen resolution is the same as the EVO. What sling adapter do you have?

Probably the 922 since this is the 922 forum. :D

Dish really screwed up the sling output for us EVO users. Strange thing is they used the EVO for their demo, well for the sling media app but even that did not work right. I bet it's a 922 problem that will never be fixed. All the real estate we EVO users have and we are stuck with stretched video or black bars that cut off a good chunk of the left and right sides.

CSI007 said:
Probably the 922 since this is the 922 forum. :D

Dish really screwed up the sling output for us EVO users. Strange thing is they used the EVO for their demo, well for the sling media app but even that did not work right. I bet it's a 922 problem that will never be fixed. All the real estate we EVO users have and we are stuck with stretched video or black bars that cut off a good chunk of the left and right sides.

It's not full-screen on my Incredible either. I can stretch it, then everything looks messed up.

I have a 622..from the android app I can see seemingly do everything minus of course watching anything via sling. I thought it would only work on a 722 so I'm happy with what I can do on my receiver

I have a 622..from the android app I can see seemingly do everything minus of course watching anything via sling. I thought it would only work on a 722 so I'm happy with what I can do on my receiver

The managing of timers and recordings works on ANY of the receivers that support remote access. Just the Sling portion requires a 922, 722, or 722k.

Evo Full Screen sometimes - why

I have a Sprint Evo and the andriod app., VIP 722K with Sling adapter. Sometimes I get full screen and sometime a smaller screen (pressing menu does not help). I can get full screen when running just 3g, not full screen when high speed wireless or 4g. What is the rhyme or reasons? Is there a fix or workaround?

Software was updated to version 1.1.0.0. Recent Changes that are listed:
-Higher Quality Video
-Several Bug Fixes

Fired it up late last night over Wifi and I think I did noticed that the coloring on the video looked smoother.

DustoMan said:
Software was updated to version 1.1.0.0. Recent Changes that are listed:
-Higher Quality Video
-Several Bug Fixes

Fired it up late last night over Wifi and I think I did noticed that the coloring on the video looked smoother.

Seems better to me. Do you get the resulution info in the right corner. I can't seem to remove it.

The android Slingplayer app is 1000% better and well worth the $30 in my opinion.

Can you provide more detail (I'm trying to decide)...
I have two stand-alone sling boxes.
Compared to my old Windows Mobile app, the free Android App cant:

1) Stream in Audio-Only Mode
2) Connected directly via IP address.

The Slingplayer app is from Slingbox and you can read about it here Slingbox.com - SlingPlayer Mobile for Android

I think the Dish Remote Access app is Dish's reworked version of the Slingplayer app. I still have both on my EVO and the Dish app goes right to the Dish Remote Access page while the Slingplayer app goes to the 922 itself and you can set it up for several Sling boxes.

I just started up both apps and the only difference I see is the free Dish app takes you to Dish Remote Access and the $30 Slingplayer goes through your Sling account.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts