dish remote access for android?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks Myron. I just launched the free Android app. Initially said my PVR wasn't connected. Came alive after about 1 minute (I just don't have this problem with the PC stand-alone app).

Bummer about audio-only mode (I sometimes use it to listen to CNN). Actually, the older desktop software had another good bandwitch savings option called "slideshow" that would send a frame every couple of seconds. These options are important for the wireless users.

Slingbox Answers Forum: Audio Only on a Moto Droid

Most welcome David. And yeah, there's some lag time on everything I do on my EVO. But since I'm retired and spend more time at home than anywhere else I rarely use it. And if I do I watch a movie so I don't have to worry about trying to skip commercials. That is frustrating.

One more question. On Android DRA I don't see any way to select the sling Input Source (I could on the windows mobile app). Does Android Sling provide a way to choose between sling inputs ?

In the Android Dish app you select Menu>More>Receivers to choose which receiver. I assume that will work with any Slingbox or Sling adapter that shows up on your Dish account Dish Remote Access page. It will show 622/722 recordings but you can't view them of course.

The $30 Slingplayer Android app will show the Slingboxes you have set up on your Sling account when you log on and you select which one to view then.

David_Levin said:
I found that, but what I couldn't do is choose from the multiple inputs on a single sling box.

Correct you need the actual Slingplayer app for that.

Sent from my DROIDX

Oops, my bad. This is a 922 thread. Most people here will not have stand-alone slings. I was just looking for people who had purchased the $30 Android app to compare the functionality.

Did anyone figure out the how to get the 922 and Dish Android app to display full screen? I'm only getting a crappy 4:3 picture on my shiny new HTC Thunderbolt... very disappointing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)