dish remote access for android?

Thanks Myron. I just launched the free Android app. Initially said my PVR wasn't connected. Came alive after about 1 minute (I just don't have this problem with the PC stand-alone app).

Bummer about audio-only mode (I sometimes use it to listen to CNN). Actually, the older desktop software had another good bandwitch savings option called "slideshow" that would send a frame every couple of seconds. These options are important for the wireless users.

Slingbox Answers Forum: Audio Only on a Moto Droid

Most welcome David. And yeah, there's some lag time on everything I do on my EVO. But since I'm retired and spend more time at home than anywhere else I rarely use it. And if I do I watch a movie so I don't have to worry about trying to skip commercials. That is frustrating.

One more question. On Android DRA I don't see any way to select the sling Input Source (I could on the windows mobile app). Does Android Sling provide a way to choose between sling inputs ?

In the Android Dish app you select Menu>More>Receivers to choose which receiver. I assume that will work with any Slingbox or Sling adapter that shows up on your Dish account Dish Remote Access page. It will show 622/722 recordings but you can't view them of course.

The $30 Slingplayer Android app will show the Slingboxes you have set up on your Sling account when you log on and you select which one to view then.

David_Levin said:
I found that, but what I couldn't do is choose from the multiple inputs on a single sling box.

Correct you need the actual Slingplayer app for that.

Sent from my DROIDX

Oops, my bad. This is a 922 thread. Most people here will not have stand-alone slings. I was just looking for people who had purchased the $30 Android app to compare the functionality.

Did anyone figure out the how to get the 922 and Dish Android app to display full screen? I'm only getting a crappy 4:3 picture on my shiny new HTC Thunderbolt... very disappointing.