DISH REMOTE ACCESS...USELESS!! (IE8 Issue)

nrholland

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Tampa Bay Area
Has anyone had this problem? I have tried it on two computers at two different places.

When I log-in to my account, I try to go to the Dish Remote Access (Slingguide). I get connected and the channel grid comes up. Okay...fine. But here's the problem.

I'm unable to scroll down the list of channels anymore. I used to be able to do it. Now there is no scroll bar (only the one for the window itself) to scroll thru the channels you have. All I can see are a few of my local channels (and not even all of them). I certainly watch more than a few locals. I get Turbo Gold, Euronews and the Sports Pack in addition to my locals.

Does Dish or Sling know about this problem? Am I the only one who has this problem or are there others who have seen it as well? Please let me know. Unless Dish or Sling get this problem taken care of, then Slingguide is useless as far as I'm concerned!

If it's a problem with everyone, then Dish needs to know about it and fix it!!! :rant:

I went there and saw the same problem. I am using IE 8. When I press the compatibility mode button on my browser, the scroll bar returns.

I also went to the bottom of the page and hit the feedback link and filed a bug report. Did you do that, too?

personally i find it totally useless too, but for different reasons.
many people have e*/d* due to living in rural areas

being in a rural area there is no cable or highspeed internet service

without highspeed internet no remote access = useless

I can scroll down through the channels BUT I have to keep rolling the wheel on my mouse to do so. PITA! I haven't used it much but it seems like I was able to page through the channels before or directly access the channel/channels I wanted to go to.:confused:
ED

I went there and saw the same problem. I am using IE 8. When I press the compatibility mode button on my browser, the scroll bar returns.

I also went to the bottom of the page and hit the feedback link and filed a bug report. Did you do that, too?

I've had so many issues with IE 8 since it was installed...new windows won't open...scroll bars missing or too many scroll bars. I have to use IE and FireFox for work stuff.. I use IE as little as possible now. Absolute garbage....

I've had so many issues with IE 8 since it was installed...new windows won't open...scroll bars missing or too many scroll bars. I have to use IE and FireFox for work stuff.. I use IE as little as possible now. Absolute garbage....

+1. I use Opera, Chrome, Firefox and occasionally Safari. I've been avoiding upgrading to IE8 strictly because of the negative reports. MS must want to punish all the Vista holdouts w/ yet another bad upgrade that no one needs or wants.

I do wish they would send Apple an app. for this.

Fine. As long as they make one for Blackberries first. Not aimed at you but way too many iPhone folks forget that Blackberries outnumber and outsell the iPhone by a lot.

It is useless for me at it usually says my receivers are offline and if they are online I can never set a timer, it always times out.
I have 6mps DSL and have the receivers hooked up with the homeplug. They are online I can download programs etc. online but cannot access this program.

IE 8 & Domains don't play together

Found out the hard way that IE 8 and domains don't play nice with each other. It's not only the domain I have but was talking with the Associated Press and they have the same problem. So I have had to un-install IE 8 and re-install IE 7. Found out the easiest way to go was Firefox using IE tab for personal use at home to contact my exchange mail.

Fine. As long as they make one for Blackberries first. Not aimed at you but way too many iPhone folks forget that Blackberries outnumber and outsell the iPhone by a lot.

How many of those are corporate Blackberries to which such personal software would not be installed?

Hey, how about they release both at the same time. No reason your phone or mine needs to be "first."

I'm all for a Blackberry ability to use the feature. That would be great.

I went back to IE7 from 8. With 8 I could scroll in that grid but saw no scrollbar. I just used my mouse wheel while the cursor was over the grid.

For general browsing (Like coming to SatelliteGuys.US) I've been using Chrome as much as I can. I used to really like IE but the shine is off the apple with version 8. So goes the evolution of browser usage.

After a bunch of calls and emails, Dish says they are upgrading the system to work better.

I can't even see my receiver because it is a R01 that they say is too new for their system. The dish.sling site wont let you put in a R01 # for the receiver.

I guess I'll just wait for them to get it to work. Like what else can I do?

After a bunch of calls and emails, Dish says they are upgrading the system to work better.

I can't even see my receiver because it is a R01 that they say is too new for their system. The dish.sling site wont let you put in a R01 # for the receiver.

I guess I'll just wait for them to get it to work. Like what else can I do?

It's good that you have new stuff and they are working on upgrading the system!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)