Dish Remote Access

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Equipment: ViP722k DVR-HD (R01)
Receiver CA ID: R01 XXXX XXXX-20
Smart Card CA ID: S19 XXXX XXXX-19
Software Version: L652
Router: Linksys WRT54G Wireless G (hard wired)
ISP: Comcast
Phone: None
Customer Type: Direct DISH Customer (Non-Bundled)
Issue: DISH Remote Access web page registers Vip722k DVR-HD (R01) as "Offline" while the on screen menu confirms unit is "Online".

I've been dealing with this issues since my initial install on 7/18/2008. After blasting off several angry emails this past Friday, I received multiple responses this morning acknowledging the fact that this is indeed a software issue at DISH that affects users with the ViP722k DVR (R01) and NOT an ISP issue. I’ll be waiting on them now to fix it and will post again when/if resolved. See below for copy of the email thread with DISH responses.
Dear Mr. Vxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for providing the information for our engineering department. They are currently working towards a resolution for this issue. Unfortunately, we do not have a status report for this situation at this time. Generally these issues are resolved via software information sent directly to the receiver. Please remember to turn off your receiver when you are not watching TV, so that it can receive the update when it becomes available.
We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued support, and your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to XXXXXX or reply to this email.
DISH Network is committed to providing world class customer service to our customers. In an effort to continually improve our services, we ask that you take time to complete this short survey to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your time in evaluating our performance.

Click on the link below to start the survey: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sincerely,
Lxxxx S. SM5
DISH Network Technical E-care

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----original message-----

Dear Lxxxx,

Acct: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
You requested "Receiver CA ID R00" but my receiver is an "R01" model not "R00". There is growing speculation online that this is part of the problem. The information you requested is below. I've also attahced a screen shot of my System Information for verification.

Model ID: ViP722k DVR-HD
Software Version: L652
Receiver CA ID: R01 XXXX XXXX-20
Smart Card CA ID: S19 XXXX XXXX-19
When do you expect this issue will be resolved?

Regards,
Bxxx Vxxxxxxxx

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [SPAM] RE: Technical Support, xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, August 02, 2009 10:49 pm
To: <xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>

Dear Mr. Vxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your email. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Our engineering department is aware of this issue. It has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working on a resolution. To further assist in a speedy resolution, please reply with the information requested below. This information will go directly to our engineering department. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your assistance.

How long have you had this issue?
Please gather the following information from your receiver:
1. Press the Menu button on your remote control
• Select System Setup
• Select Installation
• Select System information
2. Please collect the following information:
• Model ID
• Software Version
• Receiver CA ID R00
• Smart Card CA ID S00 or S19

We realize that in today’s competitive world you have a choice in services. We thank you for your continued support, and your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to xxxxxxxxxxxx or reply to this email.

DISH Network is committed to providing world class customer service to our customers. In an effort to continually improve our services, we ask that you take time to complete this short survey to let us know how we are doing. We appreciate your time in evaluating our performance.

Click on the link below to start the survey: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Lxxxx S. SM5
DISH Network Technical E-care

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

-----original message-----

BxxxxVxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx : DISH Remote Access web page says my 722K DVR is "Offline" but the on screen menu says it is "Online". I am finding allot o chatter online that the 722k DVRs that begin with a serial number of "R01" (which mine is) has issues with the DISH Remote Access website. I've spent nearly an hour on the phone with a DISH rep already with no insight to the cause or a solution. I've been cut off by Jxxxxxx P during an online chat a few minutes ago claiming I was unresponsive which is not true. She didn't even give me enough time to type in my 16 digit account number. I am really getting aggravated with your service and support. I am not even close to being %100 satisfied. You advertise these great features that do not work! I will cancel my service for Direct TV and tell all my online friends and fans why, if someone does not rectify this ongoing complaint.

Sincerely,

Bxxxx Vxxxxxxxxxxxx
BTW: I do not have any online fans and few friends but I have heard a comedian use the approach on "glamazon.com" with great affect : )
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! 10 minutes after posting the reply above DISH Remote Access on my ViP722k DVR-HD (R01) is working with Software Version L652

works now!

I just went to the Dish remote access, where it had shown my receiver was offline, now takes me to the Dish Sling page.

I guess they got the R01 receiver thing figured out now...

I could get to the Sling site before but not through my Dish account page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts