Dish requirements for HD in NJ

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Xevious2K

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Guilford, CT
Hello all and Happy Holidays,

I'm an FTA'er myself, but my mother had Dish Network in her condo and we have a issue that all of you may be able to help me with. I'll be as detailed as possible, but keep in mind that I don't know anyhting about Dish Network.

My mother lives in central New Jersey and has Dish Network, for Christmas, she got her husband an HDTV and upgraded to the HD package. (Please keep in mind that my mother knows less about this stuff than the birds living behind the dish).

Echostar sent out a tech to install the HD reciever and new dish. What he did was installed a second dish for the HD channels, now she has 2 dishes. When my mother asked if that was required, the installer said yes.

A few days later she gets a call from the homeowners assoc. telling her that she is only allowed to have 1 dish, not 2 and that she needs to remove the second dish.

So this is really my mothers question, Does Dish Network work on a single dish like DirecTV does? or does she really have to use 2 seperate dishes?

If this can be done on one dish, Please let me know exactaly what I need to ask Dish Network for.

Thanks Guys,
X2K

You will get some HD channels with just one dish (off the 110 sat) but the majority of the HD channels are off of the 61.5 satellite (in the Northeast) which requires a second dish. Other parts of the country can get HD off of the 129 satellite which can be accomplished with one dish. Check this site to see which HD channels reside on each of the satellites - EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial)

Hello all and Happy Holidays,

I'm an FTA'er myself, but my mother had Dish Network in her condo and we have a issue that all of you may be able to help me with. I'll be as detailed as possible, but keep in mind that I don't know anyhting about Dish Network.

My mother lives in central New Jersey and has Dish Network, for Christmas, she got her husband an HDTV and upgraded to the HD package. (Please keep in mind that my mother knows less about this stuff than the birds living behind the dish).

Echostar sent out a tech to install the HD reciever and new dish. What he did was installed a second dish for the HD channels, now she has 2 dishes. When my mother asked if that was required, the installer said yes.

A few days later she gets a call from the homeowners assoc. telling her that she is only allowed to have 1 dish, not 2 and that she needs to remove the second dish.

So this is really my mothers question, Does Dish Network work on a single dish like DirecTV does? or does she really have to use 2 seperate dishes?

If this can be done on one dish, Please let me know exactaly what I need to ask Dish Network for.

Thanks Guys,
X2K

X2K,

The FCC and Federal Laws specifically state that HOA's can NOT restrict installation of Satellite Dish's or OTA Antennas, if those Dish's/Antennas are required to receive the programing you subscribe too.

Check out this link; FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

Print out the Rules sheet and Highlight the part that says a HOA can NOT restrict a Homeowner to only ONE Antenna. As long as the Dish's/Antenns are installed in the homeowners own Exclusive use area.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)