Dish RSN HD recording on DVR

tkuhtz

Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
A few times recently I've had a DVR timer set to record an event on FSN Detroit HD. The HD event starts on the half hour, but the DVR timer default is set to begin recording the program a couple minutes before the half hour. When I go to watch the recording, the entire recording is the Dish HD RSN Offline message and elevator music. When I change the channel manually during the game (say 10-15 minutes after it started) then the channel shows up in HD. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does this have something to do with the HD mapdowns? Is there a way to avoid having a recording start and not actually recording get the game? It seems like starting the timer a little later might avoid this problem, but then you have to change the default or manually change it when you are recording a game on a HD RSN. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this and what the best solutions are.

I have the same issue with my RSN CSNMA. I now do a manual timer for a couple of minutes late. I will have to try the 0 minute thing.

I called tech support and reported it. They say that they would look into it, but i doubt they are fixing anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)