DISH says can't change

I don't mean to add confusion to what one CSR told you but I have had AEP plus the HD $10 extras when they added the extras HD channels with VOOM. That was the last time I agreed to any program upgrades. Now my bill states I have the AT250 at 89.95 including all movie premium channels plus locals 5.95 plus HD and HD Platnium at $30. The bottom line of the bill remains the same and my programming remains the same but the names they come up with change often. I also don't pay the DVR fee nor the lease fee which was offered as a bonus. And, speaking of bonuses. I just decided to try out Playboy channel for $14.95 and expecting to have my bill increase by that much plus the tax, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a popup screen that explained I would get a free pass on the HBO and Showtime portion worth $20 for the next three months as thanks for signing up for PB. In effect that will be free PB channel plus $5 discount. This was not thru a CSR but rather through the website.

You know, I think Dish offers these deals based on the size of your account and the time you have been with them.
These probably are not advertised specials. Also, through the website I saw they have a $5 fee for reduction of a portion of your program package. I would call it a cancellation fee and I'm not sure how legal that is in some states.

You know, I think Dish offers these deals based on the size of your account and the time you have been with them.
These probably are not advertised specials. Also, through the website I saw they have a $5 fee for reduction of a portion of your program package. I would call it a cancellation fee and I'm not sure how legal that is in some states.

Don't want to make you fell bad or anything but currently E* is giving everyone free HBO and Starz for 3 months who re-up there contract it is even advertised on there main web page on the bottom left hand side in a add.

Here is direct link to the promo terms DISH Network -- Offers

So I assume the web page told you were re-upping your contract for another 24 months? Hopefully the web page gave you some new hardware too otherwise I guess you will be paying full price for that now because you now have a new 24 month contract.

E* has the worst promo on there web page just like D*. You have to be sucker to use either company web page as you will get ripped of always. I learned that from D* a long time ago.

Yes, the day before I got a new 722 installed and I did have to agree to a new 24month contract for that. I have no problem with a 24 month deal as I will probably stay with Dish at least that long. I will be re-examining the package options in 3 months again because I may decide to reduce the SD package as I rarely ever watch those anymore. My ideal package would be the best on HD, all of them; all the movie channels; and the news channels HD if available but SD if not. I like surfing the news. I like that Dish has so many options but it does take time to keep up with all their convoluted deals.
I don't know about getting ripped off by reading the web site. Usually I get frustrated when the website stops short of handling the change order and I need to call a CSR anyway. With D*, I remember always getting a deal by negotiating with them over the years. They have had so many management changes over the years it was always a crap shoot as to what you could get. Today, I'm happy not to have to deal with DirecTV. I just own stock in the company and it is a good stock to own. :)

I don't know about getting ripped off by reading the web site. Usually I get frustrated when the website stops short of handling the change order and I need to call a CSR anyway. With D*, I remember always getting a deal by negotiating with them over the years. They have had so many management changes over the years it was always a crap shoot as to what you could get. Today, I'm happy not to have to deal with DirecTV. I just own stock in the company and it is a good stock to own. :)

Can you negotiate with the web page? NO go read the threads on Slickdeals and Fatwallet. You will see what some people have managed to negotiate with both D* and E*.

In the E* thread the posts that impressed me the most was by some guy who recently managed to get E* to give him AT250 for price of AT200 based on the fact D* Choice package included many SD channels only offered in AT250. He claimed he used National Graphics and CNBC World as examples to retention department as both are included in every package D* offers but only offered in AT250 on E*.

Another poster claimed he managed to get E* to give him access to distant locals and all super stations for free without getting wavers based on the fact E* DVR only record 2 channels and both Fios and U-Verse record 4 channels at once. There was more than 2 channels on prime time he wanted to record at the same time.

I personally always haggled like crazy with D* over the last 6 months. Honestly I think I had some promo on my account for 10 months out of the year with D*. I have been with E* only 2 weeks and I have managed to haggle with them too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)