Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my email to pass along from our friends at Dish Network.... Geesh its not even Halloween yet.
HD for the HoliDays - High Def for Even Less!
Thought you'd want to know - A complete HD System from DISH Network is now just $799.

Effective immediately and in plenty of time for the holidays, DISH Network is lowering its price for its HDTV system by $200.

The system includes:

Choice of a 40-inch CRT rear projection or a 34-inch direct view CRT HD monitor

DISH 811 HD receiver and satellite antenna

Free standard professional installation

And we're offering six months free of our HD Pak programming that includes five HD channels!

This system is available through local DISH Network retailers. To find a retailer, visit www.dishnetwork.com

What is the commitment period? Own all equip afterward?

The Dish $799 offer is interesting. What is the commitment period? After the commitment period, do you own all of the equipment ie.. HDTV CRT, 811(s) etc? Will the Dish 34" HDTV CRT monitor work with other DVI equipped HDTV receivers and computer equipment? Since I am only interested in the HD channels, what would be the lowest approx monthly cost to take advantage of this offer, tax title and license?

Thanks Much
Ron

According to Dish's website, the HDTV monitor is yours, but the satellite receiver is leased and must be returned if you drop the HDTV package or Dish programming.

rrolsbe said:
The Dish $799 offer is interesting. What is the commitment period? After the commitment period, do you own all of the equipment ie.. HDTV CRT, 811(s) etc? Will the Dish 34" HDTV CRT monitor work with other DVI equipped HDTV receivers and computer equipment? Since I am only interested in the HD channels, what would be the lowest approx monthly cost to take advantage of this offer, tax title and license?

Thanks Much
Ron

I sent an email to E* last night about this.

here is the copy

CSR said:
Thank you for your e-mail. We are offering a Limited Time Introductory Offer for qualified existing customers interested in purchasing HD in a Box for $1399.00 or $999.00 (depending on the commitment), a discount of up to $600.00. The existing customer DISH Network HDTV System offer includes:

A DISH 811 HD tuner

Choice of a 34" CRT HDTV monitor OR a 40" Rear

Projection HDTV Monitor

Please review the following link for product information http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/system/index.shtml

HOW IT WORKS:

? Get a DISH DVR for $1399.00 or $999.00.

? Pay only $999.00 if you simply commit to the America's Top 60 or DISH Latino AND DISH Network HD package for 12-months.

? HD package is only $9.99 per month

? Get HD in a Box for $1399.00 without a programming purchase agreement.

? Free delivery and professional installation. Includes any necessary switches

? Equipment will be delivered by the installer.

? Offer expires 10/31/04

Note: Does not include the DISH 500. A $240.00 Cancellation Fee applies if account is not active for 12 consecutive months, or if the minimum of America's Top 60/DISH Latino is removed. Removing the DISH Network HD Package prior to fulfilling the 12-month agreement can result in a Cancellation Fee of $9.99 times the months remaining in the agreement.

The HD monitors are manufactured by Thomson, a subsidiary of RCA. The HD monitors are made specifically for DISH Network and cannot be found in stores.

Please call our Customer Service Center at 1-800-WOW-HDTV for more information or to sign up for this offer. We are available to assist you 24-hours a day.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this e-mail.

Sincerely,

Havilah S.

DISH Network eCare

I noticed that myself when you went and clicked on disclosures it brought me to the disclosures for DHA. My understanding that it is owned but I will check on the memo I got again.

Scott Greczkowski said:
It's an RCA TV.
And before the hard-core HD people start bashing RCA, although they may not be among the "best" in the HD market, I'd guess that anyone doing this deal is a "newbie" when it comes to HD. In this case, it might just be perfect for them. They get everything they need and it works.

Moving from standard television to even "RCA/Dish HD", I think they'll be amazed at the picture.

Checking the actual memo I recieved the price for 799 you do own the 811. It went down with a 1 yr commitment and if you didn't want to do it it was either 999 or 1399$ depending.

I think that Dish Net is on the right track. I hope to see more promotions to get more HD receivers and monitors to E* subscribers because, this means more demand for HDTV, thus more HDTV channels.

if you own the reciever, then it wouldn't have
"** $5.00 monthly rental fee per receiver will apply."

ergo, i think the 811 is a lease in the $799 plan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)