Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

An ibex, or some similar animal walks in the forefront from right to left at about 0:23 after the hour.
And the spotted tiger (or something similar) that crosses left to right at about 0:40 past the hour. I didn't realize there were tigers in the Egyptian desert.

I haven't watched this one yet, but is this Dish Scape an hourly loop, or is the day all day and the night all night like the previous one was?

Reactions: pattykay
An ibex, or some similar animal walks in the forefront from right to left at about 0:23 after the hour.
And the spotted tiger (or something similar) that crosses left to right at about 0:40 past the hour. I didn't realize there were tigers in the Egyptian desert.
It's a leopard.

Reactions: pattykay
Modest quibble. The sphinx is pointed in the wrong direction. :(

I'm not even going to check if the pyramid entrance is on the correct side. Let's just call it "Egypt according to Herodotus" or something.

But the Big Dipper is a little too obvious.

Is the secret city that appears on the middle right part of the "as-built" mirage? I didn't notice the timing.
I also haven't tried to figure out if we're facing the right direction to see the Big Dipper, but come to think of it, if you're that far south, would the Big Dipper even be above the horizon when it's in that orientation?!

I haven't seen it myself yet, but someone told me that the "as-built" scene still contains a decrepit Sphinx.

Reactions: maggiedeahne
I'm not even going to check if the pyramid entrance is on the correct side. Let's just call it "Egypt according to Herodotus" or something.

I also haven't tried to figure out if we're facing the right direction to see the Big Dipper, but come to think of it, if you're that far south, would the Big Dipper even be above the horizon when it's in that orientation?!

I haven't seen it myself yet, but someone told me that the "as-built" scene still contains a decrepit Sphinx.
Egypt is in the Northern Hemisphere so the Big Dipper can be seen above the horizon.

I hit it just right today. Within 20 minutes:

Thunderstorm w/lightning & rain
Frog
Butterflies
Red parrot
Grey goose(?)
Sailboat
and a 2nd thunderstorm
2021 I have been watching it for 30 minutes and I have seen three camels a statue pop up from the sand and I think it was a gazelle walk across the screen each time the noises make my cat stare at the TV very confused. My cat has never reacted to TV before

2021 I have been watching it for 30 minutes and I have seen three camels a statue pop up from the sand and I think it was a gazelle walk across the screen each time the noises make my cat stare at the TV very confused. My cat has never reacted to TV before
During the Halloween Dish Scape, when the black cat walked across, I thought my cat was going to jump right thru the screen!

Well I watched an hour today and think I caught all the goodies. Based on previous Dishscapes I was expecting to see a scorpion or scarab scurry across the blocks at the lower right but did not see any. Did I just miss it? Another oddity, it says free preview of ch 198 on those blocks but 198 is not available. Am I mis-reading that?

Well I watched an hour today and think I caught all the goodies. Based on previous Dishscapes I was expecting to see a scorpion or scarab scurry across the blocks at the lower right but did not see any. Did I just miss it? Another oddity, it says free preview of ch 198 on those blocks but 198 is not available. Am I mis-reading that?
You are using a Wally, correct? My sister is in the same boat, with her Wally. For whatever reason, the Gallery app (which would show up on channel 198) is not available on the Wally at all. You should still be able to see the content by going to On Demand > Browse By Channel, and then look for Gallery.

I finally got around to watching a complete one hour loop today. I have a slight quibble with how short the night segment is. Being that far south, closer to the equator, shouldn't it be pretty much evenly divided between day and night, regardless of what time of year this takes place? In any event, this is airing in early February, in the northern hemisphere. So if anything, the night segment should be at least slightly longer than the day segment, not the other way around.

Everyone has their own perspective, but if I wanted to look at Egypt or the mountains or the beach in reality I'd look at videos and photos of the area. In this case, we're looking at a digital artist's idealized, or better "imagined" view. I enjoy trying to spot all his little nuances. Sometimes I complain about his over zealous addition of barking dogs, etc. Still, I don't expect him to perfectly recreate what it looks like. In fact, probably the least liked of all the Dish Scapes to date, in my opinion, was the Hollywood fly over which was "real" and not a digital scene.

Just my opinion - and worth exactly what you paid for it.